PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright vs Compucarve

RBeau1954
01-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I get into this discussion every week with my manager at Woodcraft and he swears he got a letter from Carvewright that claims the 2 machines are different. Since Woodcraft carries the Carvewright it is different then the one that Sears carries. Can someone at Carvewright clear this up so I can get him to stop.

Rick

MikeMcCoy
01-14-2009, 08:40 AM
That gets asked often and even LHR has stated on the forums that the two machines are identical except for the label.

Kenm810
01-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Rick,

I’m curious, I’d really like to see a copy of that letter you mentioned.
I’ve seen both Machines and watched both of them Carve, now I'm no expert,
but the only difference I could see was the Name on the top of the Machine,
the Color and Graphics on the Box they come in, plus the Title of the Owners Manual.
It seems that’s what CarveWright has said in the past, unless something has changed recently.

RBeau1954
01-14-2009, 09:19 AM
I would like to see the letter as well, but somehow it just disappeared. Seems we get into this discussion about once a week and the letter still hasn't shown up. I know the machines are the same, I have the Sears one and I read all the literature we have at Woodcraft about the Carvewright. We also have customers come in and they insist it is the same as well. Maybe we just have a hard headed manager....:roll:

Rick
(Known as Beau at Woodcraft in Indy)

badger
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I get into this discussion every week with my manager
Rick

lol, Rick the real question here is do you really want to make your Supervisor look wrong.

But there is no difference except for labels, The parts are all the same.

RBeau1954
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
It is not a case of making him look bad, we do get customers in that ask questions and he tells them the 2 machines are different. I understand that someone can't return a compucarve to Woodcraft because it would be obvious it wasn't purchased through Woodcraft but other then that there is no difference. Since I have one, I do get most of the questions that come in directed to me. It sure would be great if we could find the letter and see what it said.

Rick

ChrisAlb
01-14-2009, 10:31 AM
As far as I know, they are the same machine. Al, who owns all Compucarves and I, who own a CarveWright, have swapped parts back and forth and they're always the same.

LHR has indeed stated on several occasions they are exactly the same machine.

RBeau1954
01-14-2009, 10:46 AM
That settles it, I will print this thread out and stick it in his ***, NOT. I actually like working there part time, get my stuff at cost and get to see all the new things coming down the road. Actually, never thought about it but I need to look up our cost on the Carvewright machine and maybe get me another one.

Digitalwoodshop
01-14-2009, 01:20 PM
That settles it, I will print this thread out and stick it in his ***, NOT. I actually like working there part time, get my stuff at cost and get to see all the new things coming down the road. Actually, never thought about it but I need to look up our cost on the Carvewright machine and maybe get me another one.

When I was working at Sony in Philly I looked at working part time at the Woodcraft store but I could make more at Sony and that store didn't give the employees much of a discount. I worked it out that overtime at Sony was way more profitable... The store did have my interest but months later it was gone....

When Sony Closed I moved home and worked at the local lumber yard here for 2.5 years as I was building my business and work shop buildings, the discount really made a difference, 10% over cost.

AL