Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carvewright for sale

1. Default Carvewright for sale

I have a version b unit for sale. I have recently upgraded to a bigger cnc to keep up with the demand of small business. The unit is operational. To give a run down of the history of the machine...I have replaced the quick change chuck once. Went out again then had my father in law custom make a chuck for it. I replaced the sandpaper belts twice then recently replaced them with the heavy duty traction belts(new belts have about 8 hours on them). I replaced the bearings in the z-truck spindle. It may need a new z-truck or flex shaft. Flex shaft vibrates. Never found the cause. Have tried some modifications to it. I removed the motor from the unit and put it in a sound proof enclosure. Which did not work very good; the majority of the sound is not the motor. So i put it back. I also made a muffler similar to a car muffler for the exhaust which also did not work; the majority of the sound is not the exhaust it is the spindle which cannot be muffled. Which is where I sprayed the inside of the top cover with several coats of plasti-dip to help with the sound and put it back on cause i ran it for about a year with it off. Felt like it just got in the way. The lid safeties have been bypassed and i attempted to put a switch on the top cover to act as a safety switch so that i would not have to hit the stop button to pause it and then accidentally push it again and abort the project. Has happened on several occasions. But with all the vibrations the switch vibrated off so i did away with the switch. I have never had any real trouble out of the machine except for normal part wear, the board tracking sensor which I could fix by turning the machine off then on again and it would clear it up. Don't know why but i guess it would get a bad reading and would hang onto the fault until it was cleared by a restart. And the other problem that I had was what my wife likes to call user error, I like to call it a learning curve. The head pressure may need to be readjusted. The crank arm seems a little tight when lowering it. May just need some adjustment. Am not sure of any of the cutting times. will have to re-post those numbers. I also have the scanning probe $300 (and jumper cable) , designer software and pattern editor $200, Centerline license $100(I don't know if those licenses are transferrable). I'm not selling any of the bits that i have cause i use them with the new cnc. On the attached pics, Pic 4 is a close up of the custom chuck. I used a collet from a Skil router that i had to use with the chuck. The router model is a Skil 1825 if you want to purchase the collet and the chuck wrench. There are flats milled on the side of the chuck for a 7/8 wrench which will come with the machine if you want it. I am keeping my collet to go back on my router. Pic 5 is a view of the back left corner because this is where the wire for the scanning probe is tucked. And Pic 7 shows the back of the unit where you will see my failed attempt at connecting a muffler to the exhaust ports. That is why there is a piece of white pcv sticking out. Also on the left side of the top there is a rectangle hole and a drilled hole where my switch was mounted. None of these mod's have hindered the machine in any way. I am asking $800 but it is negotiable due to some fixes that need to be done. The machine will run fine right now, but like i said earlier the flex shaft vibrates and the bearing have been replaced and are still in their break in period which causes more heat. So I don't know if it is the flex shaft that needs replacing or the z-truck. message me if you are interested. i am located in augusta, ga. The buyer will pay shipping charges. I do not have the original box so i will make a crate to put it in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic 1.JPG   Pic 2.jpg   Pic 3.JPG   Pic 4.JPG  

Pic 5.JPG   Pic 7.JPG  

To be honest with all the modification you would be better off selling your CW on e-bay. Now this is just my opinion, plus the software is non transferable. So the probe will need a new pattern editor software. Also with the non approved chuck (not saying it is not good) and bypassing the cover switch you may have a problem getting the price you want in the forum? LHR is selling a brand new CW "C" version for $999.00 plus $82.00 for shipping.

I hate to say it but, don't be surprise you get an offer ranging $400 to maybe $650.00? Possibly less then $400? The good thing is business is great that you needed a bigger CNC!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 01-03-2012 at 05:30 PM.

3. Default

Yes i saw that about the $999 machine. but that machine is the bare bone minimum. any add-ons you get will put you well into the 1000's. The only plus that it has is the carvetight chuck, which i will say that mine not having the tightening screw on it like the carvetight does keeps it perfectly balanced. Besides not having a warranty, I would say that my machine is a better deal. And also The price is negotiable.

Don't know if you knew, but LHR sells boxes and it may be cheaper then building a crate? Again my advice was my opinion and I hoped other members would have chimed in! I just know from the past and owning 4 machines what they are worth and making modification make a difference for pricing. The vibration and noise is most likely the chuck. With the new CT chuck I noticed more heat and vibration and just read by changing the allen screw reduces the heat, vibration to equal less noise!

With a new CW costing $999.99 and a re-manufactured machine with a warranty for $1399.99 selling a used machine is not easy to sell! Well I hope the best for you and I am trying just to help. Yes bare bones, everything but an 1/8th cutting bit and only a 30 day warranty.

You can't transfer your centerline or pattern editor if this would be a person first machine they would need to buy the centerline ($100.00)and the pattern editor for the probe. The probe is non usable without the pattern editor and cost another $195.00 not to mention you are not including any bits.

Plus from the looks it will need a new flex and cover switch and a chuck if a person can't get their hands on the missing piece for your chuck. So with your CW you can't consider the centerline or pattern editor in the pricing. The probe is worth some but useless without the PE. I still suggest e-bay, my offer as it is would be $300.00 plus $100.00 for shipping. Still I hope the best and hope you get want to asking for!

Good luck!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 01-03-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: more info

5. Default

I think my recent post sounded aggressive. sorry for that. I understand the software deal. Why do you say it looks like it needs a new flex? If you are referring to the what looks like electrical tape on the top bend. It is velcro tape to keep the shaft on the shaft support. It always wanted to pop off so i used the velcro to keep it in place. I haven't ever had any trouble out of the shaft as far as heat. Besides the vibrating but i am with you I also think it is the z-truck but have not confirmed it.

I just bought a second hand B machine for $500. It had only 65 hours on it plus a new motor and new flex shaft. It is like new. I would have to agree with Ike, $300 or $400 on this forum is the best you could hope for. We have, however, seen machines go for more on ebay. That may be the way you should go.

7. Default

I just went and checked the usage. The cut motor has 143 hrs on it. I remembered to look at it after you mentioned the 65 hours. Why such a depreciation in value? It is a working machine. The bits cost 10-20 bucks through grainger. I know it is not relavant but i paid around 1600 for the machine. With a reduction of more than half. I could see if it were not working. If someone offered 500 plus shipping i might would take it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstevens26 View Post
    I think my recent post sounded aggressive. sorry for that. I understand the software deal. Why do you say it looks like it needs a new flex? If you are referring to the what looks like electrical tape on the top bend. It is velcro tape to keep the shaft on the shaft support. It always wanted to pop off so i used the velcro to keep it in place. I haven't ever had any trouble out of the shaft as far as heat. Besides the vibrating but i am with you I also think it is the z-truck but have not confirmed it.
    Lol no problem, you are fine! What I see on the flex it looks like it got too hot at the bend. It is discolored and if you are talking about the wire that holds the flex it is not needed to be taped in place. The support is suppose to be free to move as the flex moves and is supported when needed. Unless your flex is coming out of the top hat then that is a problem. The top hat where the flex snaps into should have a clip around 3 BB bearings. ( I think it is 3 BB's?)

To be straight forward, with all your modifications I would buy it as a part machine. We all have paid the same for our machines I have bought 4 in the past 5 years. All were $1699.00 plus the one time centerline and PE and probe. Yet if I was to sell my working version C CW I doubt I could get $650.00 and most likely would be $500.00. My machine works perfectly with no issues pending, all safety switches or loose Z truck!

I know it isn't what you want to hear no of us does! It is just the way it is and I tell you this with the utmost respect and really am trying to help! You may need to give your top right roller on your Z truck a little turn to stop the vibration. Does it move when by hand you rock it side to side? There should be very very little to no movement. if so the roller needs a little turn.

So like Berg agreed with me if you want more money then e-bay may be your best bet? I know for me I would buy your machine as a part machine with the hope of making it another operating machine. I appreciate your honesty telling us all you have done and the issues you have had with your CW. That is why I am being honest with you and sharing what I know what a CW in the same or similar condition has sold for in the past. They have been $300-$400 and that included the shipping. However I seen a person in the forum was given the same advice and sold their CW around your original price you asked on e-bay!

Ike
    Last edited by Ike; 01-03-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrstevens26 View Post
    I just went and checked the usage. The cut motor has 143 hrs on it. I remembered to look at it after you mentioned the 65 hours. Why such a depreciation in value? It is a working machine. The bits cost 10-20 bucks through grainger. I know it is not relavant but i paid around 1600 for the machine. With a reduction of more than half. I could see if it were not working. If someone offered 500 plus shipping i might would take it.
    There has always been a high drop in the price of used CW machines. However, now the current sale price for a new machine is just $999 plus shipping. People looking for a second unit may just opt for the $999 than risk a used unit at any price.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I agree with the above... $800.00 on eBay is possible.... Or Craig's List.... With the High Unemployment, Desperate People do dumb things... Like buy a over priced un safe machine trying to feed the kids with projects.... Trying to sell a used machine here with the most educated users on the Planet is going to be a hard sell... Didn't see a hours posted... Did see that you ran it for a year without a top cover and to hear that your bypass switch had to be removed since you had very bad vibration... Vibration that could be caused by the New Chuck not being balanced or threaded with zero run out. That could be reflected in the Flex Shaft Vibration...

So we are talking a new Flex Shaft, New Motor, New Z Truck, New Board Sensor, New top Cover Safety Switches at the minimum...

The Year of vibration has likely damaged the L2 on the Power Supply and the C1 on the X Termination board... And that damaged termination board brings me to a very good point.... IF you searched my posts about 2 years ago when I first started having problems with the X Termination Board... I just added the pictures and the 2 board picture is dated 5/20/2008 for your search if you doubt me. What happened to me (BR) "Before ROCK CHUCK" was the QC vibration like your chuck vibration acted like one of the Fein Vibration Tools and made the C1 Capacitor vibrate like a lolly pop and snap off.... As a result with the machine plugged in and turned on, I just closed the clear plastic cover and the Cut Motor Started.... Open the Cover and the Cut Motor shut off as the Right Side Safety Switch stopped the motor.... Then I closed the cover and the Cut Motor DID NOT RUN.... But with the cover closed I "Thumped" on the top of the machine and the Cut Motor came on again..... The Q1 Transistor is the Electronic On Off Switch on the X Termination Board. While "YOU" are changing the BIT with the Right Side Cut Motor Safety Switch REMOVED from the machine and you have you 10 fingers wrapped around the Carbide Cutter.... The Only thing that is keeping the Q1 Transistor form Activating the Cut Motor is Microns thin Silicone inside that Transistor... And with your "Wrenches" don't "THUMP" on the machine just in case your "C1" Cap just broke and is waiting to re make contact as you thump the machine and the charged cap turn on the Q1 and turn on the Cut Motor..... Ouch.... I make this "Graphic Statement" to let others learn that removing the Cut Motor Safety Switch is like using a Match to see in the dark how much Gasoline is in the Lawn Mower Tank. You only do it once.... And if no one ever told you that using a open flame to check the gas level in your lawn mower, then you would just think it was OK to do... Like the Safety Switchs...

Of my 4 machines and very heavy usage in 2008, I had 3 broken C1 Caps...... The Only machine that did not snap was the one that I bought from IKE.... I ended up using it for a parts machine in 2009 and 2010 so it still has low hours but it WORKS.......

SO with all that being said.... IF you sell this machine you should get them to sigh a release of Liability that is air tight.

IF you Don't... and they get hurt due to your unauthorized safety switch modifications..... Well, the Lawyers will love this case.... Especially if they find the above post in the CW Archives even if you delete it.... They will love you admitting that you bypassed the safety switches.... And YES... This is the world we live in....

If I were you.... I would lob that machine into a dumpster..... It would be cheaper in the end..... It's a real Liability selling it as is... OR.... Part it out on eBay.... Just the CW Computer would sell quick on ebay.... The hacked up Cut Motor is valuable for the Armature..... I am due for a Armature Swap in the next 2 years as I am on the 5th set of brush's on the first motor.... Replace the Armature with a Youngster and your back in business.... as the Bearings and copper commutator are valuable...

Good Luck,

I value your machine at less than $200.00 with Shipping.... sorry....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08069_WEB.jpg   DSC07799_WEB.jpg   DSC07811_WEB.jpg   DSC06235_WEB.jpg  

DSC01467_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-03-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast