Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centerline Text Thoughts

mikejr Guest

Default Centerline Text Thoughts

I don't see any posts here about the centerline text software. The description makes it seem like this is a must for making quality signs. Is anybody using this software? What are the thoughts? Worth the extra $?

2. Default

I have been using centerline since it came out. It is well worth the cost if you plan to make signs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejr View Post
    I don't see any posts here about the centerline text software. The description makes it seem like this is a must for making quality signs. Is anybody using this software? What are the thoughts? Worth the extra $?
    Hello Mike,

Do a search of the forum for "centerline" and you will see a LOT of info about it and probably some pictures, too.

Can't beat it for doing recessed lettering - especially "fancy" lettering like beautiful script fonts.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

mikejr Guest

Sorry mytylerfl, I did search "centerline" and got about 300 hits. I just figured I would get a much small headache by asking again.

Thanks for the input guys. I will search again and sift through some of the posts.

Default Check the Gallery

Hey Mike, When you search, on the right hand side is the section that post is in. ( Software, trouble shooting, etc) Try looking in the Galleries. Some pics will show ya how cool Centerline is. A must for top notch font lettering and worth every cent.
    Bernie :^)

Wisdom has no value unless it's shared.
    Ver. 177 in Test mode Ver.134 in reserve

Quote Originally Posted by LollyWood View Post
    ... Try looking in the Galleries. Some pics will show ya how cool Centerline is. A must for top notch font lettering and worth every cent.
    I agree! Centerline is an excellent add-on that you will certainly appreciate having. (Don't forget you'll need the 60° and the 90° bits to along with it.)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

7. Default

is center line worth the money??? I make great signs with the software now

Quote Originally Posted by pscychnurse View Post
    I felt the same way for the first year that I had my machine. I finally broke down and bought it this spring and I kick myself for waiting that long.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by pscychnurse View Post
    Is it worth the money? In my opinion that is up to the user

It adds another option for doing text and may provide an option that the other 2 methods don't work well in. Also you really can't do tiny text with the other 2 methods EXCEPT using Modern font with outline and a 90 degree V-bit gives you a centerline type text.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Default Worth the Money?

If the adage "Time is Money" means anything Centerline will usually save a ton of carving time. The font comes real nice and it paints real well. I'd say Yea!
    Keep On Carvin'
    G.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast