Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Show Cancellations?

Default West Coast Show Cancellations?

Just read that the CarveWright won't be at the woodworking shows in Sacramento - LA or Seattle. Bummer. Anyone know why they won't be attending? Not enough sales out here? I had hoped to stop in and ask about a million questions. Yes - even more than I do here. I still intend to go to the show in Sac. at the end of the month.
    John

If you don't like cussing you'll want to stay out of my shop!

That is not a good sign..... And I am Mr. Positive.....

Interesting....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Me too Al.... hmmmm.

4. Default

I've heard that all LHR's employees from the receptionist to the CEO have been drafted to the grinding dept to balance the new batch of QCs...

Remember what day it is today?
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Quote Originally Posted by JVallario View Post
    Just read that the CarveWright won't be at the woodworking shows in Sacramento - LA or Seattle. Bummer. Anyone know why they won't be attending? Not enough sales out here? I had hoped to stop in and ask about a million questions. Yes - even more than I do here. I still intend to go to the show in Sac. at the end of the month.
    Rats that would have been cool! I could have met you John! Well I am hoping to get into the Sonoma/ Marin Co. fair with the soda wagon maybe we will meet there? I did get into the State Fair!

Ike

Hello,

I don't think anything "ominous" can be read into the decision that LHR isn't going to those shows. I know it's a disappointment to those who are near those show areas. It is great to meet the LHR folks in person! Hey, they're fun people to be around!

There are probably a host of good reasons for show cancellations, not the least of which is some of the staff has been traveling until they are blue in the face, starting to forget what their families look like, and likely want to take a breather to get caught up at home for a change!

Also, some shows just may not be productive enough to warrant attendance. I know... I used to travel to scads of music technology related shows - it gets old fast and some shows are not productive enough to be worth the cost of a plane ticket. Not saying that's the case with LHR's decision of course, but the point is I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about it.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    I've heard that all LHR's employees from the receptionist to the CEO have been drafted to the grinding dept to balance the new batch of QCs...

Remember what day it is today?
    APRIL WHAT !!!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Rats that would have been cool! I could have met you John! Well I am hoping to get into the Sonoma/ Marin Co. fair with the soda wagon maybe we will meet there? I did get into the State Fair!

Ike
    Ike - are you in Calif or just visiting for the Fairs? Let me know when you are going to be around and hopefully we can meet up.
    John

If you don't like cussing you'll want to stay out of my shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    BTW, I posed the question to the LHR Techs about this issue of so-called "unbalanced QC's" somehow causing premature failure.

The answer is, "It is a complete myth.". They say that the only thing that can crash a QC is improper bit installation and/or dust collecting inside preventing the bit adapter from seating properly.

I suspected the QC "imbalance" wasn't very relevant. The QC's on each of my two machines lasted about two years apiece - never had any indication of "imbalance" so my personal experience had already indicated to me that it was a non-issue.

On one machine, the QC was damaged after using a cutting bit that was improperly mounted in the adapter, so that particular QC might still be running to this day if it hadn't been for that!

The other QC had a tiny piece of metal break off inside and I noticed it fall out during a bit change - I attribute that to normal wear-and-tear. (see photo)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QC_broken_piece.jpg  
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 04-02-2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added photo
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    BTW, I posed the question to the LHR Techs about this issue of so-called "unbalanced QC's" somehow causing premature failure.

The answer is, "It is a complete myth.". They say that the only thing that can crash a QC is improper bit installation and/or dust collecting inside preventing the bit adapter from seating properly.

I suspected the QC "imbalance" wasn't very relevant. The QC's on each of my two machines lasted about two years apiece - never had any indication of "imbalance" so my personal experience had already indicated to me that it was a non-issue.

On one machine, the QC was damaged after using a cutting bit that was improperly mounted in the adapter, so that particular QC might still be running to this day if it hadn't been for that!

The other QC had a tiny piece of metal break off inside and I noticed it fall out during a bit change - I attribute that to normal wear-and-tear. (see photo)

So the whole science and technology around vibration control is useless? Sorry to disagree.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast