Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Test of Designer 1.123 pattern sharing

Jeff
    So what your saying is , the probe software is what your refering to for editing patterns.
    I was confused about computer terminaligy when you say (editing) I thought you ment in designer. I know next to nothing about compurers so it's only going to affect people that edit there patterns in probe software or corel,etc. Is this right.

My guess would be theres a lot more people that don't edit patterns, than there is that do.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

I'm not Jeff either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    Jeff
    So what your saying is , the probe software is what your refering to for editing patterns.
    I was confused about computer terminaligy when you say (editing) I thought you ment in designer. I know next to nothing about compurers so it's only going to affect people that edit there patterns in probe software or corel,etc. Is this right.

My guess would be theres a lot more people that don't edit patterns, than there is that do.
    Regardless of how the patterns are edited, or what software is used... it is the ability to edit patterns, and provide those patterns to other who can, and wish to edit them, that is being hampered.

I would tend to agree with you statement that "a lot more people that don't edit patterns, than there is that do."
    But those few who do, contribute the majority of low cost, and even FREE patterns for ALL users. And those few who do, for the most part, share what they have learned with others who are creating, or trying to learn how to create, patterns. The unhindered sharing of these patterns increases the volume of patterns available to ALL owners. (Note: I am NOT referring to patterns that have been purchased with the seller stipulating they are not to be shared).

Some will want to protect their patterns (LHR is on the top of that list), that is understandable, and undeniably their choice. LHR has now done a excellent thing for themselves and the few who are happy with this improvment.

At the expense of the majority of users.

Tommy
    OVER 800 FREE CARVING PATTERNS,PROJECTS & more!
    CompuCarveWright.com

¨...make the best tool in your shop even better!¨
    Visit the CompuCarveWright.com SUPERSTORE!
    Great Patterns, Great Prices! And a CHOICE of formats...PTN, MPW, PNG!
    Want to sell your own patterns in our store...a limited number of applicants are being accepted. Contact us today...
    CompuCarveWright.com is not affiliated, associated, or endorsed by LHR Technologies or Sears Holdings...

What a revolting development this is. Wonder how long it will be before they force us to upgrade to the new and IMPROVED???? version of the software? Surely they must monitor this Forum and will make some sort of statement - at least you'd think that they would.

Jeff and Pkunk are doing an admirable job of defending LHR (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I think you are trying to steady the boat) but these guys are not paid by LHR to defend the system. Come on LHR step up and do the right thing - explain what is going on!
    Bill

As my Grandpa used to say "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased!"

Default mpc

try opening a mpc made in the new version and you will know how long it will be befor they force us!

Ok Tim, your going to have to explain that one...

It either :
    1. Opens the .MPC very, very fast and the forced software change is right around the corner.
    2..Opens the .MPC Very, very slow and the forced software change is no where in sight.

Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    try opening a mpc made in the new version and you will know how long it will be befor they force us!
    Dirtydan
    A.K.A. The Gunny
    Every day I thank God for Mister Levi Strauss
    mailto:gunny@thegunnys.us
    http://www.thegunnys.us

Thumbs down Disapointed...

I've been pretty silent for quite some time, but feel that I must finally chime in.

I was delighted to see that the pattern depot came on line, and was intrigued to see the VectorArt3d models for sale.

Then I received the email from VectorArt3d informing me that they would no longer sell .ptn files, except through the CarveWright store. Because CarveWright has chosen to resell only one of the three pattern styles that VectorArt3d sells (they also sell a dished and a recess carved style pattern), this new marketing arrangement takes away two thirds of the pattern styles that VectorArt3d sold. (Also keep in mind that the VectorArt3d library packages included all three styles, while it appears that for the same price, LHR will sell you only one style)

When I began to investigate further, I was disapointed even further to learn about the loss of the ability to edit patterns. Now, this was not a feature that I used too often, however I have purchased a pattern in the past only to discover that there is a weird glitch somewhere in it, or that the pattern is in need of some smoothing to create optimal results on the wood that I am using. The ability to edit the pattern to correct these problems or fine-tune the pattern was incredibly useful when I needed it.

I appreciate the try before you buy option, however I am vexed by the fact that LHR has chosen to hobble the software with a Digital Rights Management scheme that prevents me from fine-tuning patterns that I purchase or that others share and gives me no way to allow others to fine tune and edit patterns that I myself create.

Although I have steadfastly defended this machine in the past, and have enthusiastically told many people about it, I will not purchase another LHR product or recommend it to others unless things change.

It hurts me to say this, but LHR has lost my loyalty as a customer. What's worse, is I don't believe that they even care.

I’ve tried to open a mpc file made with the new 1.123 version of soft ware,
    I foundt that, No it doesn’t Open very very fast, or even very very slow,
    it fact I found it dose not open at all.

In stead I receive a banner across my screen Announcing that I have to upgrade my software the continue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Must up Grade.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 12-03-2007 at 07:13 AM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

i awoken in a terrible nightmare last nite, that i bought a compucarve. oooh the horror

Let Those Who Create The Pattern, Decide To Lock Or Un-lock!

Post Amen

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNB View Post
    Let Those Who Create The Pattern, Decide To Lock Or Un-lock!
    Works for me...
    Dirtydan
    A.K.A. The Gunny
    Every day I thank God for Mister Levi Strauss
    mailto:gunny@thegunnys.us
    http://www.thegunnys.us

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast