Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alert #2 for those interested in Carrara

1. Default How do I get from a 3D model to a carvewright pattern

Hello everyone,

Sorry if you answered this, but it's getting difficult to find anything on the forum.

I can create a 3D model of what I want and export it to some industry standard file format, but how do I get this rendered into a Carvewright pattern quickly, simply and cheaply.

I think some folks use Photoshop, but I'm not sure of the process. It looks like someone is trying to use Carrara, but it looks like it is overkill for this process.

I was thinking of looking into blender, but not sure if its the right tool and I have no idea how to set it up properly.

Thanks for everyone's insight.

Jeff

Jeff,

That's a good question for the guys that have solved the secret and are displaying some mighty fine Patterns for carving, like Jeff, Jon, etc. I got Carrera as well as CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, Xara Pro, and PhotoShop, but I've not found any simple way to do it yet. One of these days, I'm going to have to spend some serious time studying it, though.

Bob
    Last edited by BobHill; 08-22-2007 at 05:32 PM.

3. Default blender

I'm also interested in spending sometime with blender. haven't gone as far as even figuring out output types, but carrara may be a good 2nd stop. Anyone well versed in blender?

Smile You guys are scaring me!

Ever since joining the CW family here, I have been really amazed of what I have seen so far. I'm familar with the names of like Corel, Adobe, etc just in name only and find some programs still a pain in the you know what in the learning curve. Now you guys are talking about programs that are way over my head yet I'm intriged on what you my be able to do. I really look forward in seeing some of the work thats produced. I went to that Daz site and was blown away and very intimidated at the same time. Boy do I have a lot to learn!

Use Care, Ran. Those programs can be as addictive as your CarveWright/CompuCarve

Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123