Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Check Cut Motor Error

I don't know that Sear has them......might want to check.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

That was my thought! I did find a 10% off coupon. I guess when LHR doesn't have the items to fix their products in stock and won't have them for who knows how long your stuck paying crazy prices to keep your machine up and running!
    Quote Originally Posted by unitedcases View Post
    I just looked it up. $33.64 for a pack of 2. Let me hear you guys complain about lhr prices now?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I don't know that Sear has them......might want to check.
    $33.64 a set. There is a reason probably that they still have them and aren't sold out.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

And since it might come up again.... Going with a subsitute is only taking a chance of damaging the motor.

It's Metric in size.
    The Teather or inner copper wire length inside the spring is very important...Too LONG and it lets the metal of the brush destroy the commutator...
    Hardness of the Carbon... Too Hard and it grinds down the commutator...
    Spring TOO Long... mashed up inside the brush holder and presses harder on the brush grinding down both brush and commutator....

So as expensive as the motors are... Using a non LHR part does have risks...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

would love to not have to take a chance with these, but I can't sit around for another week just to find out when they might get the items in stock! Hell, I even asked about buying an extra cut motor and they don't even have those to sell! That way I could continue to work and have an extra motor that I could swap out when something goes wrong. Kind of upsetting that they don't have stock on or even an idea of when stock will be back in on brushes or motors!
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    And since it might come up again.... Going with a subsitute is only taking a chance of damaging the motor.

It's Metric in size.
    The Teather or inner copper wire length inside the spring is very important...Too LONG and it lets the metal of the brush destroy the commutator...
    Hardness of the Carbon... Too Hard and it grinds down the commutator...
    Spring TOO Long... mashed up inside the brush holder and presses harder on the brush grinding down both brush and commutator....

So as expensive as the motors are... Using a non LHR part does have risks...

AL

A resourceful person could send a sample to a US Brush maker and offer them as after market... but comma.... It comes down to Liability... what if.... you sell 100 pair... And 8 weeks later motors start to fail... Wires, Electricity, Plastic, Moving Parts, Machines catching on FIRE.... A NON UL Approved after market part... and the many things that could go wrong.... You must factor in that Liability Stuff.... because when someone's garage or basement burns because of the Brushes the Insurance Company will be the one that goes after YOU.... that sold the brushes....

So that is why LHR is best.... I see the Liability Side on other Forums where a guy buys a LASER ENGRAVER and puts it in a spare bedroom.... Then has a FIRE.... The Insurance Company points to some fine print in your homeowners policy... SEE.... NOT COVERED.... UN Authorized USE of a LASER...

Sorry to go off in left field, but something you need to think about...

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-31-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Brushes shipped yesterday and are already at the local UPS delivery site! Hope to have them tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter938 View Post
    Brushes shipped yesterday and are already at the local UPS delivery site! Hope to have them tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
    Would it be great if it was a 10 pack for that price.... gotta dream....

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Would it be great if it was a 10 pack for that price.... gotta dream....
    Actually only a few $$ more then buying a set of 2 with shipping from CW site.

Firefighter938, had sent a pm to you in reference to the parts you're looking for, just trying to help...
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast