Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kokopelli

1. Default

I have no problem at all with putting the whole thing up here but I don't know what the status of copyright issues would be. The wife saw it as a plaque for sale on a website somewhere and I just did the rounding and some tweaking to break out parts that were all interconnected. If the moderators have no problem with it I'll put it up when I get home tonight. I guess if they do they will remove it anyway. Thanks for the kind words.

Kokopelli has been around since before fire. The first guy to carve him into rock could care less-neither could I. This copyright business is sometimes taken to the extreme.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Default Pattern sharing

I agree with pkunk that the copyright issue has been taken too far in most cases. Although its a valid concern, most have read too much into the whole issue. Good rule of thumb is... if you bought it, it is probably protected. If you take a piece of art and put hours of work into it to make it usable in a completely different form then it may not be protected... key is are you gonna be selling it again. Hope this doesn't spark another discussion which I have no desire to see OR read, but hope it does get Kokopelli posted for carving He is not actually someone who most people know anything about other than those interested or knowledgable about Native cultures.

Nice work and carving.... especially making pine look like some nice hardwood.. at least in the pictures.

Roger

PS, also thought I would ask. Did you do the work in Corel and if you did would you consider sharing on that level also so the "welcome" message could be modified for other purposes. Just thought I would ask.
    Last edited by rgant05; 05-09-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Default COCOBOLA wood

Something that everyone should know about that Expensive Cocobola wood. Lots of us Bowl Turners have used it to turn wooden bowls. But there is a saying that all of us are aware of: "When it comes to Cocobola, there's only two kinds of people, the ones that are alergic to it, and those that will be." The dust from it will cause an alergic reaction on Almost everyone.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

5. Default

Here is some stuff for you folks to play with. The starting pic, what was actually loaded into designer and the mpc file. I use three different software packages cause each does something a little easier than the other, I use Picture it 10, Photo impact 12 and corel x3 and just stumble along till I get something that looks like it will work. been crawling my way up the learning curve but getting there slowly but surely. Have fun with the files
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kokopelli.jpg   Koko1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

And here's just the Kokopelli man for those of you who want to use it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kokopelli.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Smile Thanks

He guys, thanks for the posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12