Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Love to see a CW customer win this...

Thanks! I made this finger grip for the top yesterday. Dipped in Envirotex Lite epoxy-like clear coat for wear protection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305955.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	499.1 KB 
ID:	61759

First off, AMAZING job Dick. I think you have a genuine shot at this thing.

Secondly (and not due to the competition which is amazing but rather due to time constraints) I'm not going to be able to participate and longer. Dick, I think that you are going to be an AMAZING representative of the Carvewright and your woodworking skills in general.

Lawrence

One of the contest rules is "All entries must have a name". I think I'm going to name mine B3 (B superscript 3 as in B cubed)- Baileigh Bit Box. I completed the removable bit tray, which allows the box to be repurposed if so desired. The back rows of bits are angled forward to make it easier to remove and replace them with the cover on (which does partially cover the back of the box when open.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305959.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	61787

Now to apply the finish. Looks like I will make the deadline by a margin.

Looking good. I like the name.

I wonder if I could get a little help for this project. Part of the contest states "We like pictures, videos, and cool stuff like that; teach us all what you did and how to build your project." I think the project presentation will be important. I would like to get some video of the CarveWright carving one of the box sides. I'm guessing many over at the Sawmill Creek forum have not seen one in action. I've tried, and I just can't get decent video of my CarveWright - not sure if it's my camera or the lighting or the cramped space. Some of you have posted some nice video of the machine in action. Would you be willing to carve a box side and take some video for me? You would need a 1" x 6" x 12" nominal or bigger board, preferably maple, and possibly a sled. Send me a PM please with your email address and I'll send the mpc. I'll need the video this week.

If no one else steps up, I will do it. My machines are not stock so it would be a distraction. Someone with a clean C machine should do it for the sake of advertising the CW.

Thanks very much for the offer. But I changed up my lighting and got not great but acceptable video. The whole promotional/how-to video is coming along well. I just need the finish to dry on the box itself to complete and publish the video.

Baileigh says "We like pictures, videos, and cool stuff like that; teach us all what you did and how to build your project", so I put together this video on design and construction of my box:

All I can say WOW!!! Very nicely done. Hope you win for all your effort! Thanks for sharing!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast