Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another box

Great project! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Eddie! As usual... outstanding work!

Thanks again everyone. Originally I made the belt, thinking it would be great on a steamer trunk. I posted the belt, and KenM came right back with the belts on a domed top. Kenm, inspired me to continue with the steamer trunk pattern, and this is how it all happened. So some credit goes to Kenm for moving me in the right direction.

Since we are on the box making kick. If you look in the shared patterns on my site (link below), under objects, you will find other box profiles. Here are some images to show you what they will look like. Just size them to your desired size, carve them, miter the corners and come up with a top and bottom, add some feet if you like. Then you will have a lovely jewerly box, card box, etc for that someone special. Or I as I have done add a pattern to the center, or some text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails box-side.jpg   box-side-2.jpg   box-side-3.jpg   box-side-4.jpg  

Last edited by eelamb; 09-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

No matter how collaborative the effort, that is a fine project.

Lawrence

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

An oldie but a good one. Box feet. Not made by be but shared here on the forum. See this box I made for my daughter with the feet attached. The main c-horse pattern was purchased from the store I believe it was eronam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c-horse-front.jpg   c-horse-top.jpg   feet.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by eelamb; 09-04-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks again Eddie, you are always willing to help and I apreicate it.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Have to agree Eddie...funny part a lot of us know it is and his alias names....you trunk will probably end up on ebay now as his project
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Has he/she tried to defend himself/herself here on the forum? It feels awfully wrong, but perhaps this person has a reason they are doing what they are doing that makes them feel like they are justified-- (one of my patterns is on there too, but as I derived it from a sketchup pattern (which is permitted) I didn't ever try to sell it) I'm not ticked off, but am a bit disgusted and disappointed.

At any rate, the one thing that I CAN do is report it via this channel to ebay if one of my original pieces is ever revealed to be on these CDs. As I am not the originator of the intellectual property that was copied (the covered wagon) I cannot in good faith "defend" it. However, any of you that created your work and are having it sold here can certainly do so. It does not take many complaints to shut down a seller on ebay and though they can start up another account, they lose their feedback "credibility".

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

http://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/pdf/us/...nity/NOCI1.pdf

I would certainly rather hear directly from the seller their side of this situation- perhaps they don't comprehend that what they are doing is illegal. In this case I highly recommend that they read ebay's policy on intellectual rights here
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/compliant-listings.html

It won't keep me from continuing to post patterns, but if/when I do find out that any of my original work is being sold, I will pursue shutting down the listing through appropriate legal channels.

Lawrence

The steamer truck is an original work of mine, not copied from images, not found on the internet. Created by me from my own thoughts. He needs to be banned from this forum. Lawrence read your post on copyright, he posted his comments there.

Wanted to ask that no one post more on this ebay subject on this thread. Create a new thread.
    Last edited by eelamb; 09-05-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Eddie

Eddie thanks for all the hard work you do and share. Sorry one fool has to cause so much trouble. He defends himself by saying "his work was sold by others." Not a good reason to do the same to others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123