Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Compucarve return to sears repair center

Quote Originally Posted by jerrbitt View Post
    Surprised at the good service when I dropped off my Compucarve at
    Sears Friday. First of all, they have all my purchases on the computer history so I did not have to produce the maintenance agreement. Secondly, the Sears gal in response to my request to have it shipped to Garland TX said that she would have to check on that. Don't know who she called but they told her to have it shipped to Garland.

Now with fingers crossed, we'll see if the repair work is effetive. I'm hoping they don't raise a fuss when they see I have the Ron Justice spindel installed. But perhaps I worry too much.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
    Shouldn't worry. Mine is in Garland repair center now with RJustice chuck & modified top cover for DC system. I've turned in before like that & never had an issue. Hope to have it back by Friday.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I'm hoping they don't raise a fuss when they see I have the Ron Justice spindel installed.
    Not sure if that was a good call.

Default Current Sear's list is questionable

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    There are several now. It is my understanding that they were all trained at the Garland Repair Center:

Sears 8024
    2301 MOUNTAIN INDUSTRIAL BLVD # D
    TUCKER GA 30084 3808
    770-496-8050

Sears 9277
    781 CROSSROADS DR # 100
    ODENTON MD 21113 1110
    888-391-8867

Sears 8231
    2063 GEORGE ST
    MELROSE PARK IL 60160 1521
    708-216-3033

Sears 8084
    200 BLUMENFELD DR # B
    SACRAMENTO CA 95815 3904
    916-648-2442

Sear 8047
    3845 GRADER ST
    GARLAND TX 75042
    214-553-6777‎
    MY #7 machine just returned from garland Texas (Unit 8047) with a slip stating that it was sent to the wrong unit.
    After about 1 and 1/2 hours, Sear's determined that it needed to be sent to Chattanooga Tenn (unit 8037). It's on the way there as I type.

I called Tennessee when I got home to verify that the do indeed service the CC. Pat, with whom I spoke assured me that they do repair the CC.

It also appears that Sear's is now being District/Region sensitive as to what locations may send them repair requests! Therefore, have your service center verify the the location to do the repair is still on their list as valid for their use (have them call, if necessary).
    AskBud
    Last edited by AskBud; 01-18-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: fluid list
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

The Garland Unit is still working on CompuCarve. Person in charge is Frank Sanchez 214 553 6777. Their physical location was a 2d repair center in Garland that does that actual work and had a store selling "repaired" items. That store portion of it closed. However, the repair center portion is still in operation. I had my machine there a couple of weeks ago and picked it up from there. I was told that next time I would have to deliver it to the other location (off of Miller Rd) for repair submission. That is basically a "drop off" point for items needing repair. They also have a store in that place. Hopefully that won't happen for a LONG time!

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    The Garland Unit is still working on CompuCarve. Person in charge is Frank Sanchez 214 553 6777. Their physical location was a 2d repair center in Garland that does that actual work and had a store selling "repaired" items. That store portion of it closed. However, the repair center portion is still in operation. I had my machine there a couple of weeks ago and picked it up from there. I was told that next time I would have to deliver it to the other location (off of Miller Rd) for repair submission. That is basically a "drop off" point for items needing repair. They also have a store in that place. Hopefully that won't happen for a LONG time!
    Thanks for your input.
    It does appear that Sear's is now being District/Region sensitive as to what locations may send them repair requests!
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Unfortunately i have the extended warranty so I'm kind of stuck...I have checked in, and the Garland Tx repair center no longer exists. (that's where they sent it the first time) It's now located in Maryland. It's been returned four times in the three months, each time with new issues, so back it goes. I received a call from them two weeks ago that they were waiting on parts and that I should hear from them within a week...still waiting patiently...Hopefully they test it this time!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk View Post
    Unfortunately i have the extended warranty so I'm kind of stuck...I have checked in, and the Garland Tx repair center no longer exists. (that's where they sent it the first time) It's now located in Maryland. It's been returned four times in the three months, each time with new issues, so back it goes. I received a call from them two weeks ago that they were waiting on parts and that I should hear from them within a week...still waiting patiently...Hopefully they test it this time!
    Hi Jim,

Uh-oh.I'm very sorry to hear that. I'll bet they don't have anyone specifically trained in repair of the machine at the Maryland location, but I do not know that for sure, of course. This is exactly the kind of thing that I mentioned makes me "nervous" for you. Other than their legal obligation to make good on the warranty they sold you, I imagine Sears no longer has any tangible vested interest in obtaining proper training or keeping parts on hand for repair work. It's a shame, and you are the one being incovenienced it seems. I'd tend to recommend if it doesn't come back in perfect working order this time, you may want to consider biting the bullet (easy for me to say I guess, since it's not my $ though!) and send it directly to CarveWright - that is, only if it's some kind of repair you cannot do yourself with the advice/help from CW Tech Support and this forum.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I would advise you to contact Sears hotline and "raise cane" with them. Tell them that they'll need to extend your warranty out further because of this stuff going on now. As for the repair center closing..... I'm not sure that's quite right. The 2d repair center location in Garland will no longer take machines their directlly. They now have to be taken to the Sears Repair center off Miller Road and they handle and schedule the repairs to the other repair center. I guess the 2d repair center was getting overwhelmed with customers and they decided to redirect them back to the original center. However, all that being said it looks like you don't live in Texas so maybe your case is different and that's where your machine might have to ship to (Maryland). Regardless, 3 months is extremely long. If they need parts all they do is order them from LHR. Sears tried giving me a "run around" once and they soon realized how irate I could get. I've had a couple of replacement CWs from them (I have extended warranty too) and I think they kinda know me by name. ha ha My biggest "peave" is dealing with monkey's in customer service companies that don't know anything other than what it written in front of them. I get names, dates, times and head straight to the top and get action that way. I guess it's because I've been in the Telecom customer support business for 30+ years and I believe in treating my 200k customer just as good as my 200M customer. They both deserve nothing less than great service for the amount that they've each paid. So....... raise some hell and make some calls. I'm sure it'll work. I've even had them send me money gift cards for the "inconvinience" they've caused. You need to become part of the few, the proud and the Loud. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk View Post

Would it be agreeable with everyone to ask to have the 'Sears repair discussion' moved to a new location? I seem to have hijacked my own thread!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

LOL I just spit up all over my keyboard. Thanks Michael!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast