Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought I was being clever, but... offset carving?

Good one Doug, forgot about that, also noticed that you have the 7” scaled on designer already so you would want to say (NO) with the stay under rollers so that it does not look for a additional 7” to your board size.

Default if i get this right

the patterns overlapped on the length of the board so you made two 3.5 hour carves instead of one 6 hour carve. or am i missing something? even if it was only 3 hours per carve why go through all this head ache? i'm pretty dense sometimes so i am probably missing something and totally confused so bear with me:>}
    my patterns are at www.upillar.com do a search for "ptn"

email for patterns: patternmaster@live.com

Default also to take some strain

away from the machine you could do a zero depth carve region around the inside cutout unless you wanted the thin inside peice.
    test123.mpc

Quote Originally Posted by TIMCOSBY View Post
    the patterns overlapped on the length of the board so you made two 3.5 hour carves instead of one 6 hour carve. or am i missing something? even if it was only 3 hours per carve why go through all this head ache? i'm pretty dense sometimes so i am probably missing something and totally confused so bear with me:>}
    I do this merely to break up the noise time. All my carving is done in my basement, and six hours of continuous noise from the machine and dust collector is just too much for the wife. Other than that, there is no advantage. Just trying to keep mama happy.

Also, I found out previously that just lifting the lid to stop the machine and then continuing the next day is not a good idea. The pressure on the rollers tends to make them squish a little, which can change the carve height slightly if the board has even a little warp to it.

Quote Originally Posted by djarboe View Post
    All my carving is done in my basement, and six hours of continuous noise from the machine and dust collector is just too much for the wife.
    LOL...yeah, I can relate to that. I did all my carving in basement as well. That Yankee facade I did was just under 14 hours of carving and the mirror I did for Alex was just about 22 or something.

Fortuantely the basement ceiling was insulated so the noise upstairs was much like a loud hairdryer running. Not "too" bad. I clean my machine every 15 minutes or so (no dust collector), so the dust was never much of a factor. I did that for the sake of the CW mainly but also, my wife kept her Sportster in the basement soooo......LOL better not cover that with DUST!
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAlb View Post
    LOL...yeah, I can relate to that. I did all my carving in basement as well. That Yankee facade I did was just under 14 hours of carving and the mirror I did for Alex was just about 22 or something.

Fortuantely the basement ceiling was insulated so the noise upstairs was much like a loud hairdryer running. Not "too" bad. I clean my machine every 15 minutes or so (no dust collector), so the dust was never much of a factor. I did that for the sake of the CW mainly but also, my wife kept her Sportster in the basement soooo......LOL better not cover that with DUST!
    It's all just a matter of priorities... and self preservation!

Default ah ha !

dang grils cant live withem cant live withoutem! or dang men cant live withem cant shoot em! :,}

Default Thought I was being clever, but... offset carving?

introduce the wife to those new fancy smancy pink earplugs,,like a lot of things 1 size fits all..har har then head to macdonalds for your supper..if she asks why it takes 2 hrs to go to eat ,tell her you couldnt decide what to eat without her telling you what to order..so you just stood there looking at the menue till some "nice lady" helped you decide,,then just take your bed roll down to basement an sleep with your new love and listen to the machine hum ,,,no ear plugs ,,ahh music to my ears
    hopes this helps ..har har
    denny
    Last edited by dcalvin4; 06-01-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: because i can

Who was the comedian who observed that being told to go sleep on the couch really wasn't much of a threat to most husbands . . . that we kind of consider it an adventure, like camping out!

But then it's not much fun trying to cuddle up to the CW.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

(like camping out!) hmmmm,

I think it makes a lot difference -- Where! -- that couch really is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In the Dog House 1a.jpg  
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12