Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Mandolin

Default new picture

I still working out the bugs on this model I already changed the headstock design and need a headstock inlay that will work with the carvewright.

Here is a picture of my "e mandolin" for you guys, I used violin varnish/shellac base and lacquer mixed with a water base mahogany stain.
    wood is Canadian ceder and reclaimed flamed maple from the Oregon coast, ebony fingerboard.

I'll upload some sounds bytes hopefully in a few days.. Have a good weekend and say a small prayer for the Gulf coast to stop the oil and cap the well

Last edited by liquidguitars; 06-01-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Holy Cow LG - Stunning. What a gorgeous piece, it must be nice to be able to look at your creations with a tremendous amount of pride.

My best,
    Craig

as always.... just amazing.

Doug Fletcher

Beautiful work, as always. Great thread to follow too!
    ROCKin' with my Dust Collector - Get the mpc here
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ve-it-yourself

Simply inspirational LG. I think what your making this machine do is amazing. I'm looking forward to hearing how it plays. I don't play guitar, but I have a strange desire to make one.
    http://www.thewoodhaven.co.uk
    Home Of Woodworking in the UK

Just BEAUTIFUL as I expected. I have used violin varnish on a few things and is a great finishing step. Thanks so much for sharing!

LG very, very nice... I love your deisgns and finished product. I know a young guitar player that I sent to your site that will, someday I'm sure, be talking to you about a guitar....

My Company Site My Company Blog My Church Blog My Church Website My Patterns

LG...You never fail to amaze and astound me. Another beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Well done sir.

To cool! Outstanding woods, design, and build, the finish is beautiful as well. I was wondering if you sprayed the finish or brushed it on.
    Buy the way the prayers started back when this happened, will see if today brings a solution to this catastrophe.
    Good Day.

10. Default

Beautiful!! I can't wait to hear it.

Bill...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast