Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carver gets too cold

Default Carver gets too cold

Here is an old idea that applies to the CW/CC.
    If your shop allows your machine to get too cold, try this.
    Suspend a light fixture holding a standard 100 watt bulb (I used a metal reflector type) and leave it on 24/7.
    Suspend it over the Key Board section and have the truck homed to that side as well. This way the light keeps both somewhat warm. The light should be about a foot higher than the top of the machine.

My shop drops down to 50 degrees when the furnace is off and the weather is cold. I've tested my set-up for the last week, and the machine has no sluggishness.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Great tip Bud!!

If it will work for water pipes why not the CW/CC!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Great tip Bud!!

If it will work for water pipes why not the CW/CC!!
    I wonder if heat tape would work? For a quick warm up I use an old hair dryer and it works within minutes.

Ike

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    I wonder if heat tape would work? For a quick warm up I use an old hair dryer and it works within minutes.

Ike
    I just ignite the sawdust in the bottom of the machine... warms it up in no time.

JUST KIDDING!!!!! I SWEAR!!!!

Doug Fletcher

Quote Originally Posted by dbfletcher View Post
    I just ignite the sawdust in the bottom of the machine... warms it up in no time.

JUST KIDDING!!!!! I SWEAR!!!!

Doug Fletcher
    Now that would kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Warm and clean the machine at the same time!

Ike

The light works well, depending on how close. A 100 watt bulb inside the unit but not touching anything would work better. I have a neighbor who heats his dog house with a 100 W bulb.
    I heat my well house using a 150 W heat lamp but I am only looking to stop from freezing.
    The cost can very but a watt is a watt no mater what you use. I think that the heat lamp hanging over the unit a couple feet would work.
    I don't see moisture being a problem in any unit. The reason I go for heat lamp is because it tends to reflect heat in the direction you point it.

Which ever, one goes with the cost is not that much.

100 W bulb burning 24 hr is only 2.4 HWH. This for 30 days would be 72 KWH and at .10 per KWH would cost 7.20 perr month.
    Wilbur

I bring the CW in the house to stay warm. (could that be why I'm single?) but was thinking of throw'n one of my kids electic blankets over it and set it on low at night but havent tried it yet. My shop dips down in the 30's soooo cold.
    Roy
    "If you think no one cares just miss a payment then see"

I am married and my hubby helps me carry my baby inside after I am done using my CW for the day. It does not stay out in my shop at all except to run and I heat the shop (garage) up before it goes out for a run. I don't even leave my CW in the shop when its not in use even in the warm weather months. As a matter of fact when I use the probe to scan something in the winter I sit it up on my kitchen table to scan. Hubby has never said a word...just shakes his head walks away. I have a corner in my utility room that is a perfect size for my CW when its not in use.
    Just my thoughts on how I aviod any heating issues.
    Lin

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidroy View Post
    I bring the CW in the house to stay warm. (could that be why I'm single?) but was thinking of throw'n one of my kids electic blankets over it and set it on low at night but havent tried it yet. My shop dips down in the 30's soooo cold.
    I dunno roy, I'm single too (sort of) Would a winter shop setup with portable tools in a spare room that hasn't been remodeled yet do the same for me?

I know the dog doesn't like it

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    I am married and my hubby helps me carry my baby inside after I am done using my CW for the day. It does not stay out in my shop at all except to run and I heat the shop (garage) up before it goes out for a run. I don't even leave my CW in the shop when its not in use even in the warm weather months. As a matter of fact when I use the probe to scan something in the winter I sit it up on my kitchen table to scan. Hubby has never said a word...just shakes his head walks away. I have a corner in my utility room that is a perfect size for my CW when its not in use.
    Just my thoughts on how I aviod any heating issues.
    Lin
    Hey Lin, Cool, I can’t see any difference for the carvewright being in the kitchen than a bread maker or microwave. At least it’s not a Harley like a friend kept in his kitchen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast