It has been a while since I posted anything. Not because I haven't carved anything, but have been super busy in our shop in town. Seems like after the first of the year, the place has gone a little crazy. I guess that's good but fishing season is about on us and I hope to wet a line every now again. I just finished this box for a local customer. She had one given to her when she had her first communion and wanted to have one for her grandson who is about to have his first communion. I used her's as a a base for dimensions and found a couple of nice patterns in the pattern depot. I really like how the CW carved this. I think I am going to make a few with out the top carved for my retail area. Could be a nice keepsake. The body is 6 1/2" by 3" by 1" thick and the top is 1/2" thick. Since it is for a young lad, I didn't round over the edges much, but I believe it would look good with perhaps an 1/8" round over on all edges for a young lady. Fun project and really happy with how it carved...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NikoBox1.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	84002Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NikoBox2.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	84003