Thread: Hopefully a fun project/challenge/contest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hopefully a fun project/challenge/contest

I just learned I am getting a 2 week to a month vacation starting in July. I am really excited since I have not had a real vacation in about 4 years. So this will give me the time I need to fine tune some of my pattern making techniques. So to kick off my vacation and for fun I am going to start a contest. I am putting two projects on here for a vote. One will go into the pattern depot at some future date and the other one will be shared on this thread. You get to vote on which is which.

The first project is a pine chest and the second project is a hall table.

(Okay you don't need a CW to make either of these but it changes them from your boring pieces of furniture to, "Wow, you made that!")

1. Pine chest: Easy category.

Major tools needed: CW, table saw (any saw will work but its easier with table saw), drill, router optional for decorative edges, sand paper (scraper and block planes are nice though).
    For breadboard top a biscuit jointer would be nice, but dowels work just as well.

2. Hall table: Intermediate category.

Major tools needed: CW, table saw, drill, router table (optional for drawer construction), sand paper (scraper and block planes are nice though).
    For breadboard top a biscuit jointer would be nice, but dowels work just as well.

The drawer will have different versions to accommodate wood working skills levels and tools. I hate cutting dovetails so I cheat with a router table or pocket screws.

So between now and 1 July 2015 at 23:59 vote for the project you want shared on this thread (project 1 or project 2). The pictures are notional representations. Once the winner is picked I will make a custom design/pattern for the project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hall table.png   pine chest.png