Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
Thanks... I didn't intend to hijack your thread if that's what you thought. It's awesome that everyone has helped this person. It seems that these campaigns have a lot to do with who your friends are. I posted mine on a couple of the local "buy sell trade" groups on facebook. Got some well wishers, but also got a lot of negative comments. People saying that I was just doing this to beg money from people and stuff like that.

One day I hope that I will be able to fix the problem. As with everything, I figure if God wants me to have it, then I will. Again, kudos to you for posting this and to those that have helped this gentleman. We all need help from time to time.
Hi Darren,

We don't know each other but then, we don't have to. In time, I'm sure we will. You haven't hijacked anything sir. While I've never even heard of Go Fund Me prior to my buddy in England having started this for me, I do have a little experience in organizing charity events. Albeit never online and never with Facebook. I only have a Facebook account so I can keep tabs on my step kids. Always puts a smile on my face to see what they're up to. Ok, sometimes it scares me a little too! ... LOL

So I'm learning as I go now that Stu has placed it in my hands. If I can, and once this house deal is over, I'd be most happy to help you if possible. Feel free to PM me here but as I wrote in my previous post, please forgive me if I can't respond right away. I wish the best for you going forward. Together we can stand stronger.