Thread: No cut motor brushes available from CW

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not all brushes are created equal...

Hardness can be different and that can either lead to the inside of your motor being covered with conductive carbon dust if it is too soft or the inside of your motor being covered with fine conductive copper dust as the hard brush grinds down the copper....

Then we have the spring length... Too Short not enough pressure and more arcing and heat that will melt the brush holder.... We have seen melted cases....

Then we have spring too long..... SCRUNCHED up under the cap putting TOO much pressure on the brush causing all kinds of problems...

Then lastly the length of the copper tether... Too long and it lets the metal parts of the spring reach the spinning copper parts.... See the 298 Cut Hour post in 2007... The motor STOPPED because the teather held like a DOG CHAIN... If it had been longer, the fix would have been a new motor....

Then you have the LHR version..... Just Right..... Hopefully in stock soon.... I loaned out 2 sets months ago and have not gotten them back yet.

As Clint would say.... "do you feel lucky?"

AL

Pictures from a few years ago when I was running a few machines and stocked parts. The 3 sets was what I offered for loan as you can see by the date during the last brush shortage. Was a bunch of posts on brushes and some "I burned up my motor" posts. I only have a few sets left now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04132_WEB.jpg   DSC01471_WEB.jpg   DSC06140_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 08-28-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com