I just carved another version of the stallions door pattern. I resized it to fit on a 1x8 instead of the 2x10 and I figured out a new technique for quickly making rectangles a little fancier. Just make a circle and place it right on the corner of your rectangle carve region. Make the circle center go right where the corner is and then the horizontal and vertical bars on the circle will line up with the rectangles's edges. Then make the circle a carve region with zero depth. Make the Draft on the circle match the feather on the rectangle. Once you have it sized where you like it then you can just mirror it to the other 4 corners if your rectangle is centered or copy it if it is not. If you mirror it you can resize it later if you need to and all 4 will resize together.
Most people seem to really like the rectangles with the "fancy" corners over plain rectangles. And you can really dress them up in only a few seconds after you have practiced the technique a few times. I hope this helps someone improve their carvings.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356532522316.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	58074

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2