Thread: Heart shaped bandsaw boxes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heart shaped bandsaw boxes

My wife wound up in the hospital from August 28th threw the middle of October, had a quadruple heart bypass then wound up with ARDS scary times to say the least (the surgeon said my wife had been having heart attacks for at least 3 years considering the large size and damage to her heart). Anyway I wanted to make something for the surgeon who did her operation and helped her and me threw all the complications. So I designed and made this bandsawn heartbox.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes09.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	56819 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes10.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	56821 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes11.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	56822 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heartboxes11a.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	56823
    Made from Bubinga it's 10" tall, 9" wide and 9" deep (the base the box itself is 4½" deep) the drawers are lined with DonJer brown spray on felt. I had the plate made online.

Of course whenever I make something I have to make one for the wife too (see attached). I always give her first choice and she chose the larger one, it's 12" tall, 10" wide and 9" deep. I also have yet to make about 50 smaller heart boxes (not bandsawn boxes) for the nurses and staff. I'm hoping to get those done before Christmas.

What do you think?

Thanks ~Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heartboxes12.jpg  
    If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.
    My photos my photo hosting site went out of business, some of my photos on facebook are set for everyone to see.

Mike's Patterns