Somebody Heeeelllp,
I have talked to all of the techs at CW and their resolution is "send the machine in for service" well I'm not ready to spend that kind of $$$.
I can carve raster projects with no problem, but I do a lot of vector carving and that's where the machine balks and I get the "power fluctuation" message.
Following the instructions fro the Techs in Texas, I do the following;
1. Turn the machine over, remove the 12 screws and the bottom cover,then checked the connections on the power supply for dust, loose wires, etc. AOK.
2. Checked the cut motor brushes, looked good, cleaned the brush contacts.
3. Made certain the I am running the current version of the software, formatted the card.
4. Reloaded a "clean" vector project and a simple raster with a vector combined plus my initials in Centerline text. (a) Raster / vector combo carved O.K. (b) Centerline text carved O.K. (c) Vector carving failed ( 60 deg. bit, very shallow cuts 0.030 to 0.090)
Back on the phone to the guys in Texas, they go to engineering and we run through the "Z" truck readings, tension (power on and off).
They asked about the chuck and whether the bit was theirs of after market, then they said "Send the machine in for service" , THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I can't get some help from you guys, This machine (which I have had for over 3 years)"is for sale and I'll bite the bullet for a EZ-CNC.

Ken Medernach
Atlanta