Thread: More Mac issues.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default More Mac issues.

Ok, I've had my Carvewright machine for about 3-4 months. My set up is a Mac running 10.5.8 2 x 2.66 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT w/ 256 mg ram. I have one 23" Apple Cinima Screen and one 21" Apple Cinima Screen running off the same card.

I've had nothing but problems with it. Software problems, machine breaking twice. I've only really used the machine about 6-7 times. The rest of the time has been spent trying to fix it or figure out why the software doesn't work. Here is a list of BS I'm going through:

1) I have a problem with the whole rendering thing. I know it's been posted before. I've read up on all the so called "Fixes" and even talked to carve wright about this issue. Nothing works. Contacted them back, no replies.

2) The program crashes all the time. I've got 8gb of ram. That should be plenty. I've got lost of disk space and a really good video card. I've tried everything. Now I can't even get the program to work. I have the most simple designs, and it crashs. My work around is that I HAVE to save between EVERY time I more something or make a change. Then after 10 different changes, I close the application and relauch. This is the only way I can get anything to work. It freaking annoying!

I've tried everything, dumping my .plist file in the library and dumping the application and downloading a clean application off the website.

Keep in mind, I'm a graphic designer and work in signage and printing. I work in Photoshop and Illustrator all day with 500mg-1gb files on the same machine and never have these issues.

3) You can not de-authorize software on a computer. I tried to de-authorize my that software on one of my Macs but you can't. I went on to my account online and tried removing it there. There is no option to remove a computer. I've contacted CW - again no replies.

It seams to me the Mac software is Beta, at best, and is not truly finished with fixing any issues. The reason I bought this was because it was available for Mac. I've contacted Carvewright a few times and now it seams they don't want to help me any more. It seams to me that CW wants you to buy their product, but don't care if it works or not after you buy it. If I don't get a reply from this, I'll probably sell it on eBay and get something that actually works. I'm tired of their VERY VERY poor customer service and would rather do everything by hand.

Here are 2 previous post that I've never had anything answered:
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14316
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=14891
    Last edited by MEISTER; 05-02-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    Dave Meister
    Owner
    Meister Gauge Faces