Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut Board to Size

Default Cut Board to Size

During the change from 1.130 to 1.131 the machine went from making 2 or more passes to cut board to size at end of carve to only one pas which is breaking bits on .75 thick boards. How can I get it back to at least two passes maybe three. especially on projects I have borrowed from other users and I can post one such pattern if desired

Thanks
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Default Cut-out

Bubbabear,

You can tell the machine that you only want to cut 1/8" at a time (or 1/16") if you want with the newer versions, you do that when selecting the cut-out (if I remember correctly). Also, I have not had a problem with breaking anything with cutouts on 3/4" material - it could be that the board slips a little from the side pressure and binds the bit.

Just my thoughts!
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

I broke a bit on a cut out as well with the software update. I failed to tell the machine a minimum number of passes. It would have been nice to know beforehand. But oh well...at least LHR will sell more bits.

Quote Originally Posted by bjwisdom View Post
    I broke a bit on a cut out as well with the software update. I failed to tell the machine a minimum number of passes. It would have been nice to know beforehand. But oh well...at least LHR will sell more bits.
    Hello,

There was a Tips & Tricks issue that covered the feature of setting the depth for multiple passes way back in September (- ISSUE 12 September 2008 "Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights " )

Be sure that you are signed up to receive the Tips & Tricks notifications via email by visiting the CarveWright home page and filling in the "Join Our Mailing List" form on that page. That's one of the ways to help assure you are up-to-date on new features that are added from time to time.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks Michael, Ken and BJ it has got to cold to go warm the building tonight but when I get home from my 24 hour shift at the fire hall tuesday morning I will try this
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I don't think you can change the number of passes for "Cut Board to Size." You can set the max depth per pass for vectors and cut paths within Designer, but the Cut Board to Size is hard coded in the machine firmware. Possibly an option in the Options menu of the machine?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by HighTechOkie View Post
    I don't think you can change the number of passes for "Cut Board to Size." You can set the max depth per pass for vectors and cut paths within Designer, but the Cut Board to Size is hard coded in the machine firmware. Possibly an option in the Options menu of the machine?

Rob
    That is the one I am thinking Rob. it cuts just out side of your final project. Works great for circles and such. I wish they would fix that back like it used to be

Rob
    You might have a point there - I NEVER use the Cut Board to Size feature, so I don't know whether or not it can be adjusted for multi-passes. You may want to check in with Tech Support on that - perhaps it would be something the software developers might want to consider making available.

NOTE: I don't imagine the majority of folks actually use that feature much either - seems more efficient (faster) to cut a board to the desired size before placing it into the machine.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Rob
    Go to
    0) Options
    5) User options

there are now many options to set max cut depth, etc.
    Ver 1.150
    Kevin

"Carving has it ups & downs"

Quote Originally Posted by Amonaug View Post
    Go to
    0) Options
    5) User options

there are now many options to set max cut depth, etc.
    Thanks Kevin I will check that out when I get home in the morning

Craig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast