Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some help

Question need some help

I am trying to put 7 fleur-de-lis on a board 81 3/4 inch long X 5 1/2" wide , equally spaced with the two on each end about 1 1/2" in from each end with the fourth one centered on the board. I can do the math but how do I make all 7 equally spaced and in line with one another and the same size , new to this Thanks C.J.Smith

Quote Originally Posted by cjsmith View Post
    I am trying to put 7 fleur-de-lis on a board 81 3/4 inch long X 5 1/2" wide , equally spaced with the two on each end about 1 1/2" in from each end with the fourth one centered on the board. I can do the math but how do I make all 7 equally spaced and in line with one another and the same size , new to this Thanks C.J.Smith
    Hello CJ,

I often find it helpful to use the Snap/Grid function and the Align tools for the sort of task you describe. Do you know how to use those? If not, let us know and we can help you with that. (I think there's some good info about those tools in the Designer software Help menu, too.)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Still need some help

can anyone tell me Exactly how to align several patterns (fleur de Lis in this case) along a board , equally spaced , as in mouldings , one would think that this is one of the more common reasons for having a Carvewright ???

Default Snap to Grid lines

can anyone tell me Exactly how to align several patterns (fleur de Lis in this case) along a board , equally spaced , as in mouldings , one would think that this is one of the more common reasons for having a Carvewright ???
    Start by going to VIEW > TOGGLE GRID LINES.
    Now. click LAYOUT > SNAP.
    On that screen, set the distance between lines and then check the box for "Snap objects to Grid".

Let's see if this gets you where you need to be.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Hello CJ,

You can use the Snap/Grid function first, to space all the items on the board equally. Just set your grid spacing to whatever the math works out for the even spacing of your patterns.

You could likely use the Snap/Grid to align them as well, but if not....

...you can marquee-select all the patterns (or just press Ctrl-A to Select All). While all items are selected, right-click to reveal the context menu and choose Align/Align Tops so that all items are exactly aligned with each other.

Does that help? Let us know if things are still not clear.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

One way to accomplish the spacing and get it exact it to lay it out in Corel Draw. Draw out a rectangle the size of your board and import the fleur-de-lis artwork. Place itwhere you want it and then copy it six times. Use the align and distribute function to achieve this. It would have to be imported in Illustrator to make it into a .png file. then import it into Designer and there ya go!!!

Woodhacker
    So are you saying that corel draw will not make png files?
    I was considering getting it ,but it sounds like I would have to have Illustrater too to make it a png.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Dan,
    I think I have read that you can export a png our of Corel. I hope so anyway, I just bought it off Ebay and it is on the way! If no one else posts an answer to that, I will let you know after I get it.

Jeff

Jeff Corder

I use Coreldraw X3 and X4... and both export to a .PNG just fine. Photopaint will save to a .PNG also.

Much better format to use than JPG....
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Thanks Jon, I feel a lot better about my purchase now!

Jeff Corder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast