Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.130 CAUTION Will Start FIRES!!!

Geez I've had several jobs where someone haswantedthat chard look. I suppose I might benefit from the upgrade.

Seriously, I'm glad I stumbled upon this tidbit. Guess I'll hold off for a bit before I add it.

Just went through four days of trouble after "upgrade" from corelDraw decided it didn't want to work with me. ugh! Lost a bit of cash over that.
    Last edited by busta; 07-25-2008 at 08:09 AM. Reason: I can spell this morning

2. Default

We felt that several important issues have been raised in this thread. Please read http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8090
    --
    The CarveWright Team

Correct me if I have this wrong. But it is the firmware on the download card that tells the CW to do a cut path in one pass? Not the Designer software (1.13) on your computer? So this is why you would have 1.13 on your computer to take advantage of all the new options and the old firmware would keep it from doing a cut path in one pass. My question would then be, do you loose any other options by staying with the old firmware??

Steve

Default You're not alone here, folks.

I just did my first carving in AGES, now that my machine's back up and running, and I've got the 1.130 firmware. I'm astonished I DIDN'T get a fire. My cutting bit is completely black, and I've got scorches all around the pieces.

Nothing ignited, for which I'm thankful, but Man. I hope I didn't screw up my bit.

Come on, LHR. Did no-one in your QA department scorch a bit doing this new one-pass cut path malarkey? And I was only carving Poplar! I probably wouldn't have a workshop left if I had been using something more sturdy.

I'm kinda disappointed in you fellas... This is Dangerous.

*rant over, reverting to 1.126 as soon as I find out how (the above-linked patch failed on my machine)*
    Last edited by SevenCubed; 08-18-2008 at 10:27 PM.

I've used 1.130 with lots of poplar, no problem! LG has been cutting tons of maple too! I would suspect that your bit is dull AND/OR your cut motor is running wide open. Chris Alb had the issue with the cut motor 'going turbo' as he said and solved the problem with a new motor. It sould also be due to a bad RPM sensor...
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Hm.

Well, it's encouraging that you cats aren't having this problem... I shouldn't give in to the mass hysteria so quickly, it would seem. =)

I can check the RPMs, but I JUST installed my new cut motor, so I'm disinclined to assume that would be the problem. I guess I'm assuming I installed it correctly. <=)

On the poplar you fellas have cut... Have you done half-inch cut paths? It's a LOTTA wood this puppy was chewing on. My cutting bit's no spring chicken, but I've never seen her cause smoke before. It just seems counterproductive to try to cut all the way through in one pass. Surely the multi-pass method is safer, if prone to "stair-stepping" or whatever...

Anyway, thanks for the assurance and the advice. I'll keep an eye on the numbers and I'll watch her closely next time I do a cutting.

Default 1.23 upgrade Problem

Just wanted to add some info to the already well populated post. I installed the 1.13 shortly after it came out. I right out of the gate noticed that my CC was running real slow and showing lots of burn marks. It was like the truck was in slow motion. I called LHR that day and was told to uninstall 1.13 and go back to 1.12. Reflashed my card and everything is back to running the way it should. Being in the computer IT business I should have known not to jump on the band wagon of a new upgrade till the bugs are worked out. From what I see LHR probably needs to relook at the upgrade before something bad happens to the operator or CC. When people call them with problems it would be nice to have some kind of a info page/link from LHR as to things there techs find in troubleshooting problems. Maybe would help in holding down the phone support calls too.

Zman

From what I see LHR probably needs to relook at the upgrade before something bad happens to the operator or CC.
    A lot of people are using 1.130 without any major probs
    I for one. I think your statement is out dated and needs a upgrade.

Even the name of this thread is BS...

LG

I was doing a cut path in pine and along the long with the grain path I got allot of smoke. I stopped and blew the sawdust out of the slit and started back up again. Used the air hose from above to blow air into the cut keeping it clean and no more smoke.... The bit also self cleaned too starting black when I started it back up and was a dull brown when done.

I am thinking I need an air assist like the Laser Engravers have....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Default thank you

I stand corrected by the senior

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast