Thread: x axis stall ?????

Default x axis stall ?????

Midway thru a 3 .5 hr carve, i got an x axis stall. i opend cover checked things out, vacumed and tryed to restart. It wants to start at begining of carve .do i have to cut air for an hour and a half or is there a way to start where the stall was?

Default same thing diferent carving

I tryed carving a different project and got same message as soon as tool started carving. (X axis stall 236 press stop).
    tryed to search forum but search wont accept x as a word has to be four letters. anybody got any info that might help?
    Thanks

With the machine "off" can you move the sandpaper belts? If not check to see if one of them has rolled under on itself at either edge. If you find that one of them has...the most likely cause is head pressure.

Also, check out this thread: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/sho...t=x-axis+stall

Tommy
    Last edited by Reset; 06-07-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    OVER 800 FREE CARVING PATTERNS,PROJECTS & more!
    CompuCarveWright.com

¨...make the best tool in your shop even better!¨
    Visit the CompuCarveWright.com SUPERSTORE!
    Great Patterns, Great Prices! And a CHOICE of formats...PTN, MPW, PNG!
    Want to sell your own patterns in our store...a limited number of applicants are being accepted. Contact us today...
    CompuCarveWright.com is not affiliated, associated, or endorsed by LHR Technologies or Sears Holdings...

Default use quotation marks ( ‘ ’, “ ” )

skeeterman,

Try your Search Using "X Axis Stall" to get around the less frur letter limit
    there are several posts you can look at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X Axis Stall.jpg  
    Last edited by Kenm810; 06-07-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default second time around

this time it was z axis stall.found the problem with that, or i guess it was the problem, the sheath on flexshaft came off and flexshaft was not, in spindle.
    Superglued it and will try another carving,dangnation this wood is getten used up quick and no carve to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
    this time it was z axis stall.found the problem with that, or i guess it was the problem, the sheath on flexshaft came off and flexshaft was not, in spindle.
    Superglued it and will try another carving,dangnation this wood is getten used up quick and no carve to show for it.
    Yes yes....alot of us have designer firewood stockpiled for the winter. Welcome to the world of the CW/CC!
    Cheers!
    Dave

Vsn: 1.131

Skeeterman
    Don't give up yet, if your machine is fixed, go back into designer and put a carve region over the area thats already been carved, up to about a half inch or so of the uncarved area. Then set carve region depth on the new carve region to zero, and carve it again.

By the way , what are you super glueing? Don't super glue the shielth in the head , as it has to rotate.
    later Daniel
    Last edited by Dan-Woodman; 06-07-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Default still making kindlin

not giving up, just trying to make for kindlin for winter months.
    The part i had to super glue was where the wires are inserted. to late on trying to go back in designer, i swapped the board over
    andtryed a diferrent carving.
    Last edited by skeeterman; 06-07-2008 at 07:07 PM. Reason: left part off

Maybe next time . The machine really is accurate enough to redo in situations like this, no need for kindling. Maybe this info will help someone else . Until then ,carve away everybody.

later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

I had a lightning storm come thought in the middle of a carve and at the bit change shut her down. Later I made a FIX file minus the stuff that had carved and it is cutting now. I always use "Place on End" for all my projects and add a 4 inch non carve area on the right side of designer. I save all the 4 inch blocks and for Christmas I will carve them with stuff or make a bunch of "Quilting" signs.

Either your right side guide was too tight....

Your sand paper belt folded under on the bottom.

Your wood was tapered and you broke your X gear.

Or sawdust built up in front of the roller and caused a stall.

Drive Cable problems, bit not spinning.

Good Luck,

AL