Thread: Front ro back

Question Front ro back

Question: when using a cut path for a 2 sided project, should the cut path be placed on the back (rear side)? I haven't done any 2 sided cutouts so I'ld like to save a bit of wood if possible.

Thanks,
    Bernie :^)

Wisdom has no value unless it's shared.
    Ver. 177 in Test mode Ver.134 in reserve

Bernie,
    I'm no expert by any means, but I would think you WOULD NOT want the cut path on the back since the machine will carve this first. Then ask you to flip the board to carve the "front". If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will set me in my place!

Cheers,
    Dave

Default Soooo...

Dave,
    your saying that in a 2 sided carv, the gizmo will carve the back side first, (flip) then the front side? Sorry for the basic question, absolutly no experence w/ this type of cutout.

The software will not allow you to place the cutpath on the rear, it must be on the front of the board.

When doing a two sided piece, the machine cuts the back, prompts you to flip the board, then does the front. When you flip the board, make sure you flip it edge wise (like designer does when you click on the F and R buttons), not end over end.

If you need the cutpath on the back, you can fool designer by placing your design on the rear of the board (what normally would be on the front) and the back of the project on the front of the board. In this case, you could do the cutout like you described.
    nathan

< Insert witty phrase here... >
    Ver 1.130

Thumbs up Nice..

Outstanding.. Thanks Nat, Thanks Dave.