Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Patterns from Library

Default Missing Patterns from Library

Okay...I've search and search and couldn't find the answer to this one. Since the machine is in the shop I was going to take the time to import all the patterns I've collect. Last night I sat down and imported them and had them all organized just right. Well, I fired up Designer tonight and they are all missing?!? When I got to import it again it asks me if I want to replace. Also, when I search they are there (says it's in the Favorites collection) but I just can't the the "Favorites" list anymore. Does that make sense???

I did not move them around to different folders.......I've searched all through Designer thinking that I had clinked something to turn them off but I can't find anything. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
    Dave

Default Favorites MPN file

The Favorites file is a MPN file in the data folder of your CarveWright Program File.
    Open; Local Disk (C Program files.
    Under CarveWright File, open the data file, there should be three MPN files, one is named “favorites”.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

3. Red face Different location required

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    The Favorites file is a MPN file in the data folder of your CarveWright Program File.
    Under CarveWright File, open the data file, there should be three MPN files, one is named “favorites”.
    Actually, for versions 1.123+, the Favorites file should be in the Carvewright folder of your personal space. Usually:

c:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\Carvewright\Favorites.mpn

The Program Files location was used on earlier versions.

BTW - "organizing" your patterns would have been really easy, using the free CCW Pattern Organizer - see link in signature.
    tim

-----------------------------------------------------
    Download your FREE CCW Pattern Organizer for Windows.

Default twehr

I’m not sure which version OKCCarver has installed. He did not indicate that. His “Join Date” is Mar 2008, if he is new to the CW unit, he may have 1.126 installed. In my software 1.126 the file is installed in the main hard drive under the Programs File, CarveWright folder, in the data folder of that program.

{C:\Program Files\CarveWright\data}

My folder has three files in it;
    MPN basic, MPN favorites, MPN surfaces

I think in some of the older versions it was stored in the Documents and Settings Folder.

I installed your program, it works great, thanks
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by twehr View Post
    Actually, for versions 1.123+, the Favorites file should be in the Carvewright folder of your personal space. Usually:

c:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USER NAME]\Carvewright\Favorites.mpn

The Program Files location was used on earlier versions.

BTW - "organizing" your patterns would have been really easy, using the free CCW Pattern Organizer - see link in signature.
    Well here is my spanner in the works, mine is also under Documents and setting, and was last modified 4/23/2008. I have been running 1.126 for several months now.

Next vote
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    The only two files I have there are Basic and Surfaces.

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

7. Red face Just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by forqnc View Post
    Well here is my spanner in the works, mine is also under Documents and setting, and was last modified 4/23/2008. I have been running 1.126 for several months now.

Next vote
    It is possible that LHR has reverted back to the original schema of keeping it in the Program Files folder. Seems a bit odd, though. From a programmer's point of view, the reason for having it in the Docs & Settings is so that multiple users of a computer (different user names/passwords) can each have their own favorites library with their own patterns. In the Program Files folder, everyone gets access to the same thing.

A thought - IF they did revert to the old system, that may explain why a number of people who reinstalled the Designer ended up with duplicates (one set from each folder?).

I'll try to install 1.126 on a "fresh" computer and see where it goes.

Thanks for the info!
    tim

Quote Originally Posted by twehr View Post
    It is possible that LHR has reverted back to the original schema of keeping it in the Program Files folder.
    I'll try to install 1.126 on a "fresh" computer and see where it goes.

Thanks for the info!
    This has got me thinking, The very first version I used was 1.115, and have update when new releases have come out. If another user started with 1.123 or newer I wonder if that is why there location is different?

Side note, twehr when I saw my quote in your post I realized I had slipped back to my UK english terminology by using spanner instead of wrench.

Look forward to seeing what you find, with the fresh install.

9. Red face Don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by forqnc View Post
    This has got me thinking, The very first version I used was 1.115, and have update when new releases have come out. If another user started with 1.123 or newer I wonder if that is why there location is different?

I started with 1.120. When I updated to 1.123, it moved the Favorites to my personal folder. Subsequent installs have not change that.
    tim

FOUND THEM!!! STAND DOWN THE NATIONAL GUARD! They were under my Docs and Setting folder. For the life of my I couldn't find that! Thanks again for all your help guys. And I'm going to have to create the standard signature for software/firmware version and the like. I always forget to put that in my posts.....

Anyway....Thanks again for all your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast