Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sears 5 year Warranty

Default Wow

I sure hope you guys are trying to use the Sears warranty because your original (1yr, 200hr) warranty time is over. If not, all this down time is counting against the out of the box warranty. Good luck.

Just in .... in response to my question on whether Sears is going to stock parts at the repair center in the future:

"Hi Mr. Stewart,

In response to your request, I spoke with the Parts Lead and was told that because
    these machines are new to our repair facility there have been some problems getting the
    parts in a very timely manner. We will be stocking some parts needed to most repairs
    and of course, there will be some that will have to be ordered elsewhere.

Unfortunately, at this time, the parts needed to complete the repair on your unit are not
    kept in our inventory. This may change in the future; we can hope.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and your business and we will be working very hard
    to get your product repaired and back to you as quickly has possible.

Thank you.

He who is slow to anger has great understanding,
    but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.

Joi Cross, Customer Notification
    Sears Unit 8047
    3845 Grader Street, Ste A
    Garland, TX 75041
    214/342-9652"
    Last edited by Semper Fi; 05-09-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling again
    Ernie ..... running 1.162 and the Rock

This may change in the future; we can hope.
    That about sums it up

but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly."
    Maybe you should add a signature to your messages;
    "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The difference between Try and Triumph is the UMPH

Quote Originally Posted by beachman View Post
    Sears service is a joke,
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    I smell a rat in the woodpile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post

but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.
    I really Admire you guys patience in this matter, I do not know what I would have done by now. Well I can imagine what I would like to be doing
    Good luck on having this issue resolved a soon.
    If it doesn't fit force it. If it breaks then it needed replacing anyway.

Have a Craftsman Carver and Running Ver. 1.150

Posting pictures tutorial http://www.malanoski.com/downloads/posting_pictures.pdf.

Default Something is not right ---

Hey all --

Last night got that long awaited call from Sears saying my machine was in town and come get it --

I did -- ran right down this morning -- only to be given the machine in a beat to heck box, and told it could not be fixed due to numerous shorting issues -- Then I was told to take it to the local Sears retailer with some paper work for replacement -- OK -- did that with my other machine --

Got to SEARS they took it, but just like my other machine a month ago, the machines are not in the system -- thus they are not able to order replacement machines until they are in the system, -- until then I can't even get on the list to order one --- nor will SEARS allow me to place my order -- so I'm on a backorder list for my backorder -- SEARS will not refund my $ either --

Another tid bit to my tail -- the repair center said they have only sent my machines in for repair and one other -- the other came back yesterday with mine -- same thing -- could not be repaired and was to be replaced.

3 and 4 months respectively without my two machines and counting

Things don't look good.

Greg

Default Sears

Just thought I'd add my tale to the ongoing Sears Extended Warranty story. After reading all the problems with it on this forum, I called Sears to find out the status of my warranty. After the usual 20 minute shuffle, I got to someone who told me that Sears stopped offering the extended warranty on the day that I bought my machine (February 2, 200 and that they sold it to me by mistake. They also told me that they weren't going to honor it. After asking when they planned to tell me, I demanded a full refund for not only the extended warranty but the machine as well, even though the machine was out of the 90 day return period.

They have agreed to take back the machine for a full refund and I will be contacted by UPS for return instructions.

I hate to send the machine back because it has worked flawlessly for over three months, but I won't be screwed with by anybody, including Sears. I will talk to CarveWright about buying a machine direct from them, but I may also wait to see if they come out with CarveWright II.

Just curious and wonder if any of you getting a replacement machine from Sears on an old unrepairable one have asked this yet?

If you bought a machine with the extended 3-5 year warranty, Sears says they can't fix it and takes it in for replacement of a new one...Does the extended warranty apply to the new machine or do you loose the extended warranty?

Seems to be a real catch 22 on these extended warranties if Sears decides not to fix the problems and just replaces them. I can't imagine them renewing the extended warranty on a new machine unless they take it from the time you purchased it. BTW, I was told the other day I have 1 year to turn in my 5 year extended warranty for a full refund. Said that was policy on all extended warranties from Sears. Never heard of that before and its a new one on me.

Sears has to have a ton of returned machines laying around. I can't imagine CW taking back the machine Sears is taking back. Maybe they are selling they used machine to someone thats repairing them and those are the ones landing on ebay.

Question sears repair

Just talked to sears rep in texas,my machine has been repaired and is in transit back,I'll believe that when i put it in my shop and run it.

Mine is also on its way back........... within hours after I started to escalate up the management chain down in Garland, Texas. I questioned what was done to my machine and why it was waiting for a spindle and two conveyers (traction belt assemblies) when the reported problems were the memory card/reader and a Z Axis failure (carving higher and higher, after starting to carve normal). I wanted the contact who could tell me what was done and why they were waiting for these other parts. I really don't have high expectations on the machine coming back in a repaired state. We'll see.

Default Sears Master Protection Plan.....bah humbug!

Well it's back! And not a darned thing I reported was fixed. They replaced the traction drive assemblies and the spindle.(neither of which were causing problems) I can see the traction drives are new, but I'm not sure about the spindle. They included a carving with the machine that started out at one depth and gained altitude as it went along. (one of the original complaints) I haven't pulled the flex shaft to check the spring yet, but it wasn't listed as a part that was replaced.(also an original reported problem) The memory card and reader/writer are inoperable, just like they were when they went in for repair. I'm leaving for three weeks on a trip, but when I get back I'll see if their "unique diagnosis" was correct. Anybody want to bet it was?? I'll probably be going after my money back and buying another "Carvewright" machine to back up this one. At least I should be able to swap parts between them to diagnose problems. No more 6 weeks away for nothing! Sears "Master Protection Plan" is neither!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast