Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sears 5 year Warranty

Default Sears 5 year Warranty

Has anyone had to use their 5 year extended warranty for repairs on their machine? Just owndering what upfront cost there is after the intitial 100 hours or 1 year. I just got my and looks like I will have to send it in for the head repairs.

Just wondering if its worth the $250+ bucks if you have to cover shipping, some labor or parts after the 100hr/1 year period. If so, I might just return it for a full refund and buy another one when the next stock comes in in April.

Quote Originally Posted by SandBuoy View Post
    Has anyone had to use their 5 year extended warranty for repairs on their machine? Just owndering what upfront cost there is after the intitial 100 hours or 1 year. I just got my and looks like I will have to send it in for the head repairs.

Just wondering if its worth the $250+ bucks if you have to cover shipping, some labor or parts after the 100hr/1 year period. If so, I might just return it for a full refund and buy another one when the next stock comes in in April.
    The initial warranty is 200hrs or 1 year. Seems to be alot of users having to send them in right after purchasing. Havnt had any confirmed uses of the sears warranty yet, this thread may help you a bit

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6668

I have called about purchasing it myself out of warranty and was told yes i can, although if you talk to cw they say they know nothing about it(what i was told). From what theposts are saying, sear does NOT do the repairs, but goes through cw, could be a long process....
    Still using 1.120 & 1.126

Thanks for the heads up on the post from Bud and Gunner. I will be watching it to see what happens very closely. I contacted Jim (my saleman from sears) this morning and asked him to investigate my warranty for me. See if he could get a copy of what all they do. I plan on getting another machine in a month or so as I can see me running two of these easily. He already told me that any problems with the machine would have to be fixed at LHR.

If the labor, parts and shipping is free I can see keeping the 5 years warranty. I think 2-3 week wait on a turn around might justify a $203.00 board replacement pretty fast. Especially with all the know failures posted from the folks here. I am sure there will be many parts failures in a 6 year period on time.

4. Default

Having been a beta owner and then forced to upgrade because parts were no longer available, one has to question if parts for the current machines will be available in 5 or 6 years.

Default Caution, Caution, Caution!!!!!!!

My memory card just died and I called Sears to use my "Master Protection Agreement" to get a new one. After getting the old phone transfer routine for 20 minutes, the buck finally stopped with a rep telling me her supervisor (Robyn) said to tell me that Carvewright doesn't want Sears to service their machine and to call them to get my problem resolved. I asked if there was a billing number for LHR to bill this part to or how was the cost going to be handled. I was told they probably have some agreement with Sears that is not known to her or I..... yea, right! But I called LHR and ended up talking to Shane, who is a supervisor in the software department. She was extremely helpful, but the bottom line is: LHR and Sears have NO AGREEMENT to handle this service agreement. Shane even went so far as to call Sears and try and straighten out this mess. Shane called me back and confirmed what she had told me earlier.........no agreement exists between them. Thanks, Shane!

I've called back to Sears on the direct number for the supervisor, Robyn, was told she was busy at the moment.They took my number and said she would call me back. The clock is ticking.

I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying this agreement not to do it. I'll be trying to get my $575.70 money back, unless something happens to resolve this. I'll post whatever the outcome turns out to be.

In the mean time, I've ordered another memory card.
    Ernie ..... running 1.162 and the Rock

Thanks for the heads up on this news. Haven't heard anything from my nieghbor yet either on this matter. I think he had last weekend off and goes back to work today or tomorrow. Going to pry it out of him tonight.

If this is the case, looks like I might as well return the machine to sears and order a new one from CW instead of sears. I still have a few days left on the 30 day return policy and the machine is broke as well.

I seen a couple of other have their machine sent in from Sears to LHR. Not sure if theirs is on the EXT. warranty or not. At least getting it from CW I can deal direct instead of a dozen different departments and people before I am told to call CW direct.

If you bought your machine from Sears, and it is still covered in the original 1year, 200 hour warranty then call CW/LHR directly. They do all the manufacturer's warranty work, there is no need to involve Sears at all.

If you bought the Sears Extended warranty and are over the MFG warranty then you are stuck with Sears.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Hello,

The last official word from CarveWright/LHR on the subject of the Sears Extended Warranty for a CompuCarve is located at the following link (posted by nirmala on Feb 18, 200

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/sho...44&postcount=1
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

9. Default sears

Should you bye a wrranty from Sears or not,after all this time why do people have so much trouble with this machine? Is carvewright coming out with carvewright 2 ?

After reading the attached statement from LRH on the extended warranty from Sears it sounds like a catch 22 situation for us that have the 5 year plan.

To me, reading the statement from LRH, they will service any machine sent in under the extended warranty plan and send them back to Sears. As a few others have already stated, Sears doesn't have the ability or service department to repair these machines.

I know I read that a couple of guys said they have machine in for service under the extended warranty plan threw Sears. But they haven't heard anything back as to when or even if the work is going to be done. Way I see it, Sears will have to pay for all repairs needed out of their pockets. I am reading this all wrong and whats your take on it?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast