Thread: Pictures of my crib

Default Pictures of my crib

I've had my CC for almost a year and haven't used it as much as I would like to. I did however finish a crib for my son and used the CC to make parts for it. I had the CC cut the curves for the back and sides along with the name carving in the back. I also used it to make forms for the bent lamination of the top and sides. I was happy to get 3/16" oak to bend with no splintering. Here are some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crib2096small.jpg   crib2102small.jpg  

That's a beautiful crib, Tim. You should be proud of your work.
    Can you detail some on the curves and forms, please? I build furniture and am interested in any use of the CC to help with that,
    Thanks.
    ken

Default curves and forms

The curves and forms were pretty simple. I used the connect arc tool to make the top curve and then connected the two side arcs and made sure the swing radius was the same on both sides. I also had to watch to make sure there wasn't a flat spot where the side arc meets the middle arc, but other than that it's just sizing it to the piece you are making.

The form I made for the back of the crib for instance was just the top cut line without the letters or the bottom cut line- this is the male part of the form. I then used a 1 1/8" block to transfer a line to another piece. this would be the "female side". the extra 1/8" is to figure in for 2 pieces of formica that I used on the top and bottom of the glue up to keep it from being glued to the form. It also helps a little with even clamping pressure. Then I just made my strips and made my sandwich and clamped it all together. Leave it overnight to dry, and when i took the clamps off, there was almost no spring back at all and you really can't even see a glue line.

Hope that helped.

Smile

Well done, Something to pass along through the family....
    Top Dog @
    The Dog House Custom Woodworking LLC
    www.doghouseww.com
    The "DH" is now in the Pattern Depot http://www.carvewright.com/store/pat...vendor=derr890

Thanks a lot, that really helped.
    ken

Default Beautiful

That is absolutly great. That will be in the family for decades. Great job. I just got a grandson, maybe I should do something like that for him, or maybe just a pine teething ring

Ed
    A person has to know their limitations, I know I have none..