Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/4" material

Quote Originally Posted by pilotcreek View Post
    I did all of that, and it said that my photo's were too big, went to photo's properties and it said that they were 109 mb.........so how do you make the photo's smaller?????????? Bill
    www.enhancedwood.com
    Hello Bill,

Yes, 109MB is very large for a single photo file size. You must have a very high-resolution professional camera for them to be that large! Typically, my 5 megapixel camera at highest quality setting will yield a photo file size of about 5MB maximum.

In any case, you probably installed some photo software that came with your camera. When you open a photo in your software, there should be a way to reduce the size of your photo. If you can find the "resize photo menu" (check your software's Help File), reduce the photo dimensions to 640x480 pixels, then save the photo as a .jpg. That should get you well under the size limit for the forum upload.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default File size

The only way to get them that big would be to scan them in to the computer. If everything is sety to best on a decent scan it could go that big.

Only other thing is they are 10.9 mb 1.09 mb, either way, still to large for here.

Ed
    A person has to know their limitations, I know I have none..

Default 1/4" material

I am still trying to figure out my photo attachments so please bear with me as I test this out. bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1825.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	9213

I am still trying to figure out my photo attachments so please bear with me as I test this out. bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1825.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	9213

Hi Bill,

That worked, but the photo's viewable size is still very large at the current 1890x1417 size.

You are on the right track, but a size of 640x480 or up to 800x600 will be much better for viewing online.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Default 1/4" material

Thanks Michael, I know what to do now. That is the 3/8" material by the way. Billwww.enhancedwood.com

Thanks Michael, I know what to do now. That is the 3/8" material by the way. Billwww.enhancedwood.com

Bill,

Those look really great, by the way!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Default "1/4" material -14.5 trick still works in ver 1.126

It has been too cold to operate the CW lately. I finally got my workshop above 60 degrees today and tested the 14.5 inch wide sled using version 1.126 on 1/4 inch material. As before the CW prompted me for the thickness of the material and I entered .23 for the baltic birch ply I am using. The gear I wanted to carve came out fine with only minor marks on my 3/4 inch thick sled.
    DidItInTheBuff
    CW version 1.152

Quote Originally Posted by mikemel View Post
    It has been too cold to operate the CW lately. I finally got my workshop above 60 degrees today and tested the 14.5 inch wide sled using version 1.126 on 1/4 inch material. As before the CW prompted me for the thickness of the material and I entered .23 for the baltic birch ply I am using. The gear I wanted to carve came out fine with only minor marks on my 3/4 inch thick sled.
    Hello Mike,

Can you tell me at what point does the machine prompt you to enter the thickness? ...during setup?...just before you install the cutting bit?...etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Default cut paths on boards less than 3/8 thickness on a sled

I believe it is after the board is measured and I have told it to center on board and after it has requested all of the bits. It then homes and looks for the board surface on the keypad side of the CW and asks me to enter the board thickness. I plan on doing another gear tomorrow and I will pay closer attention to the sequence. I will attempt to take photos of the messages and post here.
    DidItInTheBuff
    CW version 1.152

Quote Originally Posted by mikemel View Post
    I believe it is after the board is measured and I have told it to center on board and after it has requested all of the bits. It then homes and looks for the board surface on the keypad side of the CW and asks me to enter the board thickness. I plan on doing another gear tomorrow and I will pay closer attention to the sequence. I will attempt to take photos of the messages and post here.
    Thanks, Mike. Looking forward to the details and pics if you have the chance to post them.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast