Thread: CorelDraw X4

Default CorelDraw X4

I just started playing around with this. In the new corel there is a texture called relief sculpture that is what i used on the picture below. The one picture i got off the net the other I did no adjustment to it i just wanted to see what the worst would be letting the program do all the work. It seems like you could really tweak this a lot to work well with the patterns for us. What do you all think. Has anyone used this. This could be a really easy way to make some patterns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails corel.jpg   corel 1.jpg  

Is the feature in draw or photo..just downloaded the trial version

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Is the feature in draw or photo..just downloaded the trial version
    Corel draw X4 which includes corel photo -paint then its under effects>texture>Relief scupture. Hope this helps

PhotoPaint X3 has this feature also. I've played around with it some, couldn't get very good results. It creates a 3d relief based on the lightness/darkness of the image... it doesn't create a height map that has the proper areas raised and lowered. Also next to the indentions and bumps, there's always a dark shadow that creates deep grooves in the carving....

Just my experience with that particular filter. I'm still wishing for a good bitmap image to height map conversion software that is easy to use...
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com