Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giving up, going back to sears

Default GALLAHER-Great Job!!!

Great carving!!! my question on the carving is this.
    I am interested in the font name you used and the depth of carving & point size of the letters you carved it at. You have held all the font letters in tack.
    At that size it is a job well done.
    rcdages
    Robert

forgive my even worse than normal typing as i am the one armed bandit for a few days.
    now i know greg afew things look flustering. i am not retired but i know i could never manually carve any of the things seen here. but all softwares and hardwares have issues while in their infant stages and this unit is still an infant

Quote Originally Posted by grege01 View Post
    I think it all boils down to how much do you value your time. Reading this forum, I guess there are alot of (retired?) folks out there with $2000 to throw down and spend hours upon hours tearing apart and reshipping with this thing back to get it to work.

I work in the software industry, and we *pay* to fly people in the beta test our prelease software. I know its not an apples to apples comparison, hardware to software. But why people willingly spend their own money - at any price - and time to troubleshoot a product that doesn't perform without fulltime babysitting is beyond me. But hey, thats just me.

My advice to the company - please DONT drop the price, raise it if you have to to create a decent quality product. When this or another company figures that out, I will be a customer.

Greg
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

3. Default The truth is..

This machine is NOT for everyone. Those of us that have had our machines for awhile are pleased with the work it does and feel it is worth the extra work. The carvewright isn't like a table saw that you can throw a board through every once in a while for thirty years with no problem (that's how long my last table saw lasted). So if it doesn't suit you, taking it back may be the best bet.

Terry

Default Dejavu all over again....

I was going to buy one of these units a year ago for Christmas. I decided to wait after reading all of the negative comments about quality. Well it's been a year now and I'm on the forums again trying to figure out if CC has addressed most of these issues. It seems that they haven't. I reading of the same issues. If you went back and read the archives it will read the same. Kind of like I've been here before.

I really like the idea of these machines. I thought if I waited a year they would have "ironed out the bugs". Guess not. I'll wait another year I guess. Like the others have said, "I'm not plunking down $2K to a company and then do THEIR beta work on MY time".

CC please let me know when you are going to release an improved model. I will be your first customer (even at a higher price, just so it works).

Thanks, Mike, Issaquah, WA, USA

Default some work

some don't???? my first machine is filthy dirty i only vacume the right side never by the keypad and it carves away with no errors.... went and bought a second machine it has an error ervey attemted carve of some kind. looks like its a qaulity control issue with the sensors or construction. new one going back to sears. couldn't pry my old one away from me.

Well Sears has my machine now. I hated to see it go. I think it has so much potential but it just has to many problems.
    Great concept. Poor Execution.
    If anyone is sitting on a machine they bought from sears that you no longer use for whatever reason. Take it back. They will take it back for 3 months no questions asked.

For all the rest of you. Keep plugging away. I wish you well. Maybe one day I'll buy another. I keep hoping for a better machine and software. I think it will get there. I'm just not that patient.

Thanks for everyones help on the forum. I never got any from CW just you guys. Thanks.

Donny

I'm on my third machine.First one ran 12 hours and died. Second one made it to 73 hours before things started to fall off of it. And now #3. Less than 2 hours and z truck wheel fell off and bit holder is all screwed up. Came without the plugin for the scan probe and the cable had not been lubed. Quality control is non-existent at CW. They have some serious problems that they really need to address. I'm going to look for a better machine. I will probably have to spend 3x the money but, I will get something I can use and depend on in my business.

Beester you need to get a commercial unit. cc\cw has never been intended for commercial use. many do use it for that but it is hard to expect a hobbiest unit to luve up to a commercial unit
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

coyotekd Guest

Agreed. Had high hopes when purchased. Software is great. First carve died midway with no apparent reason. Reloaded flash memory but carver reported bad card message when inserted. Formated card but no improvement. Returned card for replacement. While waiting, purchased new card. When I placed the new card into the carver and turned the on switch, the silence was deafening. Nada, Zip, I had enough. Concept is good, execution is seriously flawed. Note to CW - use a USB port on the carver or put an ejection button on the flash drive socket. Those of us with a bit of Arthur in the hands have a miserable time trying to get the card out of the machine. After reviewing many of the postings in the forum, it is quite apparent that CW needs to place more attention to fail-safe & recovery schemes for the carver's computer system and better engineering for the chuck release system. My unit had 30 minutes of service when I took it back to Sears (the carving bit was left in the chuck). Anyone want to buy 2 new flask memory cards? $40 for both.

cncwoodcarver Guest

I am so glad I decided not to get a CW! Since the wonderful response from other members and feeling so Not welcomed I see more and more people giving up and returning their machines!

Just thought I would give my 2 cents and happy holidays!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast