Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: tutorials

Bud another home run. Great Lesson. I notice your image keeps moving, the image on my screen does the same thing is this a flaw in the program
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    Bud another home run. Great Lesson. I notice your image keeps moving, the image on my screen does the same thing is this a flaw in the program
    I'm not sure what is causing this. I think, as Michael said I/we may need to change some settings. I hope it's not a low quality video card!
    I'm not going to fight that battle just now, as I'm having too much fun learning the software functions! I have other PCs so sometime I'll see how things react on those, before I start deciding my plan of action.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

Quote Originally Posted by ladjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AskBud View Post
    I'm not sure what is causing this. I think, as Michael said I/we may need to change some settings. I hope it's not a low quality video card!
    I'm not going to fight that battle just now, as I'm having too much fun learning the software functions! I have other PCs so sometime I'll see how things react on those, before I start deciding my plan of action.
    AskBud
    Hi Guys,

In the View Menu, you will see the item "Toggle Auto-Re-Render". This causes Designer to re-render the display after each change in the layout window (and is normally desirable). When tracing an image, this is quite distracting, so the solution is to simply turn that off while tracing. After it is toggled off, the display won't be "jumpy" anymore. (You can turn it back on after you're done tracing.)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Auto Render and Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Guys,

In the View Menu, you will see the item "Toggle Auto-Re-Render". This causes Designer to re-render the display after each change in the layout window (and is normally desirable). When tracing an image, this is quite distracting, so the solution is to simply turn that off while tracing. After it is toggled off, the display won't be "jumpy" anymore. (You can turn it back on after you're done tracing.)
    Thanks Michael,
    That seems to do the trick!
    Just below that Icon, is the Perspective Icon which you also suggested turning off. I also noted that when you shut down Designed, and restart, those two settings return to the "ON" setting.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Thanks Michael,
    That seems to do the trick!
    Just below that Icon, is the Perspective Icon which you also suggested turning off. I also noted that when you shut down Designed, and restart, those two settings return to the "ON" setting.
    AskBud
    Hi Bud,

Yes, those settings do return to the default (toggled on) on re-start. My personal preference would be that my settings would be "remembered" for the next time I start the software (for example I normally turn off the Board Texture, Perspective View, and Labels with each new project). However, all things considered, it may be best that settings like that are not remembered, to avoid possible confusion to some users.

A tip from Chris Lovchik regarding having Designer always open with a plain brown board is to create our own graphic "Board Texture" of just the plain brown color (or any color you wish) and set that as the default in the menu Edit/Board Settings/Stain/Finish. That way, Designer would open with the plain board "texture" with each start-up. I think you may have a tutorial on the procedure (and the proper naming convention) for creating and using custom background graphics as a board texture. Actually, I don't recall for sure if you do have a video, but the procedure has been discussed on the forum a few times.

Thank you so much for cranking out these new tutorials! They are informative and fun to watch!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I'm getting used to waking up to have my morning coffee to the soothing sounds of Bud! Keep 'em coming! This is the one I've been waiting for ( Image Trace ) and is the feature that will determine if I purchase the package... Thanks again for all your effort!!

Bud and Micheal

Thanks for answering my flicker question.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    I'm getting used to waking up to have my morning coffee to the soothing sounds of Bud! Keep 'em coming! This is the one I've been waiting for ( Image Trace ) and is the feature that will determine if I purchase the package... Thanks again for all your effort!!
    That seemed like a big part to me as well, but after watching the tutorial I think I can just keep loading my image as a new board texture like I have been doing and trace over that.

The offsets are a nice feature, but I can lay out a hundred evenly-spaced vectors using copy and paste in two or three minutes. Being able to make adjustments to one and having it change all of them is a nice feature, but there are times when it would be nice to disable that as well, for instance if you wanted every 5th hole in a series to be larger than the others.

I can only swing enough money for one of the packages, and then only if I can find some value for me in it. I don't think it'll be the 2D one at this point, so I'll have to look more into the 3D features.

My 2nd 3D lesson may be found in my "Download" link below. Its title is "3D Tilt Tool-Part-1".

It is able to accomplish the straight line slope we have wished for in lieu of using the curved Dome application that came with the original designer software.
    AskBud
    Thanks Bud, I am learning the new tools through your lessons and I sent the link to all of my customer service reps, so they could learn how to use (and support) it too.

One other thing I noticed on this lesson and I thought you were headed there, but you didn't quite go there. You tried to tilt your wind pattern to the same slope as the textured rectangle slope by using Merge > Additive, but it picked up the textured pattern, which you didn't want. You could use that same tilt tool and tilt the wind pattern (just as you tilted the rectangle) and not have gotten the texturing on your pattern.

Lynn
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Lynn,
    Your "Tilt" point is well taken, and we all need to note your suggestion.
    AskBud
    Lesson added

vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast