Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z axis stall, error 92

Default Z axis stall, error 92

After measuring board, I get this when trying to find bit tip on swing out plate. Can't find any info on this error #. Has anybody else run into this?

Don

I had this problem once and I rubbed some wax where the trucks hit the strike plate on both the strike plate and the edge of the truck. this did the trick
    WHEN THE TREE FALLS ON YOU WILL U HEAR IT?

Okay guys (and gals)! I'm having this same issue. Tried the fix action posted by "joetool" but that didn't seem to fix this issue. This is the only post that I could find that references the "error 92". Everything works fine up until the point were the bit hits the strick plate. It will touch it twice and on the second time right before it raises I get the "Z axis stall, error 92". Any more ideas/suggestions?

Thanks all,
    Dave

Well....not really sure that I did. I just couldn't leave well enough alone while waiting on a reply! I went out and blew off the area around the switch plate and put a little dry lube on/around the shaft. Fired it back up and all went well. I was very strange though. It would ask me to load the 60v and it would go through the homeing process no problem, then ask for the carving. I would load it and as soon as it started hitting the plate on the second touch it would stall? Must have been some dust around/on it somewhere causing some issue. It's carving as I type this so I'll keep you all posted. (fingers crossed)

There are a bunch of posts in Troubleshooting section on Bit Plates. I long ago gave up on it for a 100% reliability of just stuffing a piece of foam behind it and taping it in the extended position. Unless you use a 14.5 inch wide board it is no problem.

If the Z is stalling then you might have sawdust impacted in the belt cogs of the Z. Something to blow out from time to time.

Or you might have the original Z motor and flat 16 pin cable. The Z Bundle solves some problems with the Z.

Good Luck,

AL

Hope all goes well, OKCCarver, but how do you type to keep us posted if your fingers are crossed?

AL...

I was hoping it wasn't something with the Z. I just got the machine back from LHR a couple weeks ago and let me tell you, they went through and replaced A BUNCH of things on this machine. I was pleasantly surprised when it showed back up on my doorstep. Anyway, the puzzling thing was the Z stall. I just couldn't figure that one out. I had my little handy mirror out looking behind, under, over and around the truck and couldn't see a thing that would be causing a problem. But the blast of air and dry lube seemed to do the trick. Well, so far so good anway, but the machine is a long way from complete on this carve. You guys might here some loud noises coming from the OKC area tonight. Don't worry.....that's just me banging my head against my shop wall if this thing fails!!!

Aparks,
    Well with me it's hunt, peck and erase. I only use two fingers to type, so I have 8 left over to cross!! HAHA!

Cheers,
    Dave

Well.....I'm open for more suggestions again. Everythign worked fine up until the bit change, then I had to nurse the machine through the rest of the project. I keep getting either an error 246 or error 92. Both Z axis stalls. It was down to the last item to carve and now it's stuck in an endless loop. It will measure the board, but when it goes into the homing sequence I get either one of the above errors and they won't stop no matter what I've tried. I've checked the connectors, I've checked the trucks, I've check the bit plate again. No luck. I'm going to give LHR another call but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions before doing so...

Thanks again,
    Dave

Default Some time back

I had some wierd stuff going on with my Z Axis. After tearing the machine apart a few times, I found the problem was black dust on the Z motors optical encoder. I pulled the back cover off the motor and cleaned it real well and the problems went away.

What it was doing varied, but included a Z axis stall when first starting a project, and now and then it would just lose it's way when in the middle of a carve. Twice the bit plunged down into the work piece, and if I had not been there would have broke the bit.

Not saying this is your problem, but it maybe something to check...

OKCarver, what firmware version are you using?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast