Thread: Carving a name but do not have this font.

Default Carving a name but do not have this font.

I have a customer that wants me to carve a baby name for above a bed, but I cannot find the font they want in the Carvewright software. Attached is the name and font they want to use. Additionally, they want to drop (make larger) the left side of the 'W' in the name, so it looks more like a traditional 'W' instead of just a small 'u' on the left side. is that even possible? can I just stretch that or do I need to invest in photoshop to make that happen. Thank you in advance for any help or direction you can give.

JP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warner Name.png  

My understanding of the font issue is that the software uses any font you have in you computer, not a file of Carvewright fonts. It's been years but I have added fonts. My thought is you need to find the font 'somewhere' on the web and download it to your computer. There is a step by step process here on the forum that explains how, I just don't have the link. Possibly searching for fonts on the forum will give you what you need. I'll try to look later to find a link for you
    Finished dinner and found this previous post, hope it answers your question.

https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...ighlight=fonts

The fonts are what you have on your computer. I used my favorite font finder website but no luck. Some close ones but nothing exactly as shown.

P.S. As a last resort you can just make a pattern from the image. Use your favorite graphics program and trace out the letters and modify them as needed (W). Not hard but a bit time consuming for long words but this one should be fairly quick.
    Last edited by oscarl48; 07-05-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Looks like the guys took pretty good care of you already.

Here is a quick pattern to play with. Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2023-07-05 17_34_03-Window.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

PERFECT! Thank you all for the advice and help. Exactly the information I needed.

JP