Thread: Upright Arm

Default Upright Arm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4008.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	84338

A very good friend of mine is changing rank and I wish to make something for him. I am looking for a 3D arm that I will carve similar to the one in the picture. The hand needs to be able to hold a real 6" dagger, which is a symbol for him. Does anyone know of one?
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Ropdoc, that is going to be a difficult pattern to do in 2.5d especially since you want it to hold a dagger (in my opinion). At least the way I make patterns using 3d models. Because you are looking at the arm lengthwise it is fairly deep so when are shrinking it to fit the pattern depth it losing a lot of detail and becomes really flat.

If others have an opinion or different technique that may work please share.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails muscular arm.png  

Thank you. I understand, I could do it flat but it would lose my intent. I may need to get money together and purchase the software here so I can make one down into slices.
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

I completely forgot about slicing. I have not had good luck with my machine to get the pieces to line up so haven't used that feature in a long time.

Here is a quick attempt at slicing the pattern into 3 slices. I am concerned with the strength of the pieces if it is holding an unsupported weight (knife) but you can at least see if this experiment would work.

Good luck.

- Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW muscular arm slices.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files