Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Close door

Are we trying to stay on topic for his cover switch issue or have we jumping into reasons to have or not to have the cover switches?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Bypassing the switches was suggested as a "solution" to the problem so I think the discussion is pertinent, although it has probably run its course. Some other options were suggested, but we haven't heard back from Ropdoc so we don't know if the issue has been fixed.

As I posted long ago, I did have an issue with the left switch even after it had been replaced under warranty. I investigated and found that the switch was not dustproof. I replaced it with a dustproof model and have had no issues in 7 years. So a faulty switch is another possible cause.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Bypassing the switches was suggested as a "solution" to the problem so I think the discussion is pertinent, although it has probably run its course. Some other options were suggested, but we haven't heard back from Ropdoc so we don't know if the issue has been fixed.

As I posted long ago, I did have an issue with the left switch even after it had been replaced under warranty. I investigated and found that the switch was not dustproof. I replaced it with a dustproof model and have had no issues in 7 years. So a faulty switch is another possible cause.
    I was not trying to shut everyone down on the discussion, hence the , was more to directing to possible causes vs over riding switches.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I was looking for why the motor stops and a message displays 'close door". I removed the cover and have the switch taped in the closed position. The machine is an "A" version. Any ideas as to a fix.
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Are you sure the switch is actually closed? It could be dusty inside and not be making contact.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Are you sure the switch is actually closed? It could be dusty inside and not be making contact.
    Good point, I will blow it out good. Thank you

If the switch has dust in it, I doubt it will blow out.

First thing first. Open and close the cover while listening to and monitoring (on sensor check: 0 -7) how the switch is working.

When does it switch? It should switch before the cover is completely closed. (Switching too close to the closed position might explain the intermittent behavior.)

Does it switch consistently from open to closed as it clicks? If not, then there may dust in the switch.

I forgot about the sensor check. I will run it to see. I have removed the cover from years past. But the switch is still connected.

If you have the cover off and the switch taped closed, why don't you just bypass the switch altogether (remove the wires and connect them)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ropdoc View Post
    I forgot about the sensor check. I will run it to see. I have removed the cover from years past. But the switch is still connected.

If the switch is not a dynamic part of your system it is probably not the problem. Wiggle stuff around while you watch the sensor check. Maybe it is just a poor connection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast