Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure how to clean this up more in designer?

1. Default

Hi
    I did try inkscape, however they are not very helpful in their forum, everyone just gives me a link to the manual????? I will go ahead and try the Gimp? Hopefully they will be a little more helpful. Thanks for the new graphic.

Loriblackdog

Lori,

PPI stands for "Pixels Per Inch". 300 ppi is considered medium resolution and 600 or above would be considered as high.

There are many programs that will convert 2D to 3D and some even have editors that can clean up the image. Primarily, I use Photoshop to clean up the 2D graphic and then either import it into the Designer or use Aspire to enhance it and create the pattern via STL export. These programs are not cheap and have a learning curve that is pretty steep. To the best of my knowledge, there is no "one click" program that will do an acceptable job. It takes practice and time with any program you choose to use.

With exception of this forum and a few others, help is generally not free and usually expensive. 3D graphics is a category that is not an easy concept for most of us and we all had to struggle with the learning curve by spending a lot of time trying different approaches until we learned how to do it. If you just keep trying and don't give up you will be good at it too.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-20-2017 at 01:39 PM.
    Steve

Lori, what I did was to find a good graphic on the web (same one as Steve!) I removed the background in the Pattern Editor (many other ways to do that with free programs) and then used the Shadermap program. Then I imported the .png into Designer to make a pattern. It was very easy.

Edit: What Steve says is true. Making patterns can be very difficult requiring expensive, difficult to learn software. This Shadermap is the best bang for the buck I have found. Trivial to use and awesome results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g7tslka.jpg   eagle-flag.png   eagle-flag_DISP.png   eagle-flag screen.png  

Last edited by bergerud; 01-20-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Here is what Shadermap did for Oscar's graphic. (Import it into Designer to see what it looks like.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle flag_DISP.jpg  

5. Default

To all my Helpers.....................................THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

i sure glad I have this forum and all the help I get here. It is so much appreciated, and I love the encouragement that everyone gives me. I will keep practicing. I think I will try that Gimp, it seems to have alot of tutorials, which I know I need.

Thanks Again All
    Loriblackdog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12