Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure how to clean this up more in designer?

1. Default Not sure how to clean this up more in designer?

Hi All,
    It's me again, I found what I think I could use, however when I put it into designer pattern editor, none of the bumps show?, I do not know how to remove them. I am not even sure if the pattern would work? I would like some tips on how to acheive what I want?

Again, Thanks to anyone who can send help my way. I am really trying hard to do this.

Loriblackdog
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you post the graphic (or a link to it) that you used?

3. Default

Hi Dick,

here is the address,https://www.google.com/search?q=flag...EgSJNxAgi-M%3A ,then I put it in paint to remove the USA out of it. Is that not what I should do?

Is this the one you used?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle flag.jpg  
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-20-2017 at 10:26 AM.

That graphic was poor. Maybe you could use this one. I ran it through Shadermap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle-flag.png   eagle-flag_DISP.png  

6. Default

what is shadermap? Do you have to pay for it? I am trying to keep the costs down until I can prove to my husband that I can do this. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Loriblackdog

Lori,

The original image was very poor quality and very low resolution so I used Photoshop to clean it up and remove the background. In this example the upper left star is mirrored, set to a depth of .2 and inverted. The patterns were made in a different program other than the Designer and I think the quality is much better. Generally speaking, in order to achieve good results when importing images the image has to be very high resolution at a native 300 ppi or above and not converted from a lower resolution. It also has to be clean with clearly defined edges and no clutter. Otherwise, it will require a great deal of work to clean it up and make it acceptable for carving. This example isn't perfect but it should carve a little better.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-20-2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Wording
    Steve

Shadermap is a $50 program which works wonders. (Google it!)

9. Default

Hi Steve,

You are a mircle worker, yours is exactly the way I wanted mine to turn out. Is there a special way to find these high resolution images? I normally search for high resolution image of whatever I am wanting? You mentioned 300ppi? I am not sure what that is. Do you know if there is any free graphic design that might help me? I appreciate the help from everyone and I am trying to learn what you guys are telling me. I really appreciate all the help!!!

Lori

Lori, I am still looking for my hardware so haven't forgotten.

There are some really good tools out there to use for this but they will take a bit to learn. GIMP is an amazing software package that is free but has a learning curve to it.

Cleaned up the graphic a little so you can play with it if you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle flag.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast