Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time I have ever seen this, skipped a space in the project.

That would do it for sure. Time to take that BIG BLACK MARKER and label the sled to indicate what side goes to the keyboard side of the machine.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes, like them guys that have TGIF on their shoes," TOES GO IN FIRST" I will hang that project on the wall just as a reminder.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

3. Default

I use mdf with tape on both sides so I do not do that. Learned my lesson once when I did the same thing.

I have used this jig for many years. I mostly do signs and lithos. But anything I do I use this jig as long as it fits on it, I do have another jig that is longer just like this one. The end with the arrow goes in first and that piece of wood which is about 4" never moves, I only move the other piece to hold in my project, I put the screws in on an angle which squeezes the project like it is in a vise. Since most are signs or cut out projects I very seldom have to add rails to the length for the rollers to be on. I feel this is a simple design and has been a fail safe system for me. If my project is thinner than 3/4" I shim the project to match the heigth of the ends (what I call the jaws). Oh and yes there is a piece of masking tape for the roller. This picture shows how I do add rails when needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3934.JPG   IMG_3935.JPG  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    I have used this jig for many years. I mostly do signs and lithos. But anything I do I use this jig as long as it fits on it, I do have another jig that is longer just like this one. The end with the arrow goes in first and that piece of wood which is about 4" never moves, I only move the other piece to hold in my project, I put the screws in on an angle which squeezes the project like it is in a vise. Since most are signs or cut out projects I very seldom have to add rails to the length for the rollers to be on. I feel this is a simple design and has been a fail safe system for me. If my project is thinner than 3/4" I shim the project to match the heigth of the ends (what I call the jaws). Oh and yes there is a piece of masking tape for the roller. This picture shows how I do add rails when needed.
    Pretty much exactly what I use as far as the top and bottom rails, I do not use the side ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12