Thread: Help with a logo design...

1. Default Help with a logo design...

Hi all,
    I have the attached logo for my firefighter fraternity and I want to carve plaques with the logo on it. I am not having any luck with getting the correct effect I was looking for. I want to have it as a dimensional carving and/or a vector outline for use in some projects for the guys in the group. Is there anyone out there with experience that would like to give it a shot for me? I would greatly appreciate it! - John
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wilcofools.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	82537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WILCOFOOLScutbw (1).png 
Views:	21 
Size:	252.3 KB 
ID:	82538Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WILCOFOOLSgray.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	82539

Here is a dxf format of the logo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

I do a lot of things like that. Here's some of my stuff on the Pattern Depot. I give free estimates.

http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=50

I was seeing if there was more traffic before jumping in. I really liked the logo and thought it would be a fun challenge to make a pattern from it. Again this is my version since I create a 3d model to push into 2.5d. The pattern does not have any fonts since I don't have that specific font and I did want to mess with the flaming earth. If its something you want to play with, PM your email and I'll send your way. There are specific components I will reuse for other patterns which is why I am not putting for general consumption.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW firefighter logo.png  

5. Default

Thank you all so much! I really want to learn how to do some of this stuff myself. If you have any recommendations for how to start I would appreciate it! I love all of your efforts, they turned out great. My email is ifdfireman24@yahoo.com

John, sent you the pattern.

Pattern building is a great skill set and really personally rewarding. There are several techniques in pattern building.

1. There is graphics painting to create depth maps/gradient maps that can be converted into cnc patterns.

2. Next is building 3d models for conversion into cnc patterns. This technique can be very challenging due to the many options out there and learning curve needed but I believe its the most versatile. With this skill sets you can create patterns for any cnc machine as well as 3d printers. The Carvewright 3d add-ons are the bare bones you need for creating CW patterns. That is not necessarily a bad thing. The learning curve is shallow and in a weekend you could be creating cool patterns.

There are several software packages for creating 3d models from traditional CAD software to pure 3d modeling packages and everything in-between. The price ranges go from free to I need a second mortgage expensive. I personally use Blender 3d which is a free program but has a horribly steep learning curve. I have been trying to learn it for almost 3 years now and I am just now feeling comfortable with a small portion of the package but it is extremely powerful. I've actually started buying add-ons to it to make it more user friendly for me. But there are relatively low cost software that will do the job and do it well but they will all have pretty high learning curves.

3. Last technique I use is software packages that create depth maps/gradient maps from existing pictures/images. I have Shadermap software that does a decent job at this. Photoshop has this capability and so does Corel Paint but not as streamlined. You actually need to know what you are doing a little bit more with that software.

I am sure there are other techniques but these are the ones I use. Many times I combine these technique as part of my pattern building steps. So many ways to get to the end of the road. Any way...Good luck and hope you pick up pattern building.

- O