Thread: New to forum, and need help please!

1. Default New to forum, and need help please!

Hello- I am MAJ Tom Bourne and I teach at Louisa County HS. We bought our Carvewright in 09, and had some issues with shipping damage. Carvewright sent us a new on the following year after it was misplaced. Then there was an issue with the power supply which I ordered another one, (wasn't the problem) then the earthquake hit us and our machine was stuck in storage for 4 years. Finally we have it back, fixed by Carvewright and it is finally working. The problem that I am having (among others since now Carvewright is telling me I did not get the full software that does 3d printing) is every time I put a picture from the internet and upload it and try to carve it, I get a box carved out as well. In other words, not only is the outline of an apple cut, but a square the size of the picture is cut out too, like the carvewright is cutting out the imaginary zone that the picture occupies. Does anyone know how I can get this fixed? I am using the smallest bit I have (1/16th) but it always cuts so deep that I end up with getting a lot of pullout or breaking pieces because it tends to cut too deep. Any support you could offer would be greatly appreciated. I know that this machine can do remarkable things if I could just get the settings right. Thank you in advance.
    MAJ Tom Bourne Send private message..

NOTE: I removed your phone number as it is not a good idea to post it.. for personal contact send a private message...
    Last edited by fwharris; 11-29-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: removed phone number

What you are getting is the background of the image that is making the box carve around the image. You need to remove the background in a photo editing software and save the new image as a PNG format. You can also try lowering the image settings in the import box when bringing it into designer.

For your carving depth try changing the depth and height of the carving. Also set bit optimization to best and when uploading to the card use the best or optimal setting.

You might also want to browse through the on line tools section and view the software tutorials to get a good understanding of the software

http://forum.carvewright.com/forumdi...8-Online-Tools

If you want you can also post your image and project file and maybe we can help you out.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Tom--I'm guessing that you're importing an Apple with a white (or other color) background and your CW is dutifully carving the background. You need to either delete the background (make it transparent) in an outside editor before importing, or lower the image during the import. The steps below show the latter approach. I imported the graphic below--clip art that I found on line--with it's white background. Upon entering the import, Designer shows me the graphic--and the background. By clicking the "Lower" button--which I highlighted in yellow--3 or 4 times the background disappears. I can also set the default depth of the image while doing the import, and/or I can change it when I put the pattern on my project board.

I'm glad that you finally have a CW you can work with-with a little homework you'll have it dancing in no time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caduceus Import0.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	82534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caduceus Import1.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	82532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caduceus Import2.JPG.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	82533
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!