Thread: texture problem I can't solve

1. Default texture problem I can't solve

Hello,

Should be a solution to this but I can't find it.
    I'm making braces for a stereo stand. Each brace will be approximately 10 x 3 x.75 inches, size doesn't matter with respect to my issue. I'm using the "full dome" feature to create a nice sculpture on each brace, approximately .75 at center tapering off to approximately .25 inch at each end and side. So far, no problem. Now I want to carve out a .75 x 5 inch rectangle approximately .5 inch deep centered on the brace, which would be center horizontal and vertical. The merge feature allows the rectangle carve to be seen over the dome. The rectangle carve is intended to accommodate and allow for gluing of a .75 x 5 piece of lumber. Here is my problem: I've tried all combinations of merge and groupings and I cannot remove the dome from the bottom of the rectangle carve. This is necessary to allow for a proper fit and glue up. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

Group the rectangle and dome and use Clip Carving - Exclusive on the dome. The rectangle will have tapered sides if you carve it with the 1/16" carving bit - will that matter?

3. Default

Thank you for the very fast reply. Tapered sides are no problem as long as the bottom is flat and cause a 90 degree to the piece inserted into the rectangle. I've been doing this for about 10 years and don't recall "clip carving", I'll check it out................thanks again

Neil

4. Default

Worked well, ...................., again, thanks