Thread: doing a pallet sign

Default doing a pallet sign

I want to do a pallet sign that is 22 x 30. So I was thinking if I did about 3 pallets and engraved them then took top one out and moved all up and did the last ones, would that work?

Or even do in half because there is nothing on the center one.

Any Ideas would be great!!!

Here is a pic of what I am trying to do....

Thank You!!!

Hi Glenda, your first image didn't display. Are you thinking that you will disassemble a pallet and use the boards, or do you want to keep the structure of the pallet?

A friend and I are doing a craft show in Burley (actually Rupert) the 28th if you are in the area.

Disassemble. So I can do individual boards but the letters over lap the boards in some areas.

Did you purchase the DXF importer by any chance? I can create the boards for you in Corel Draw if you did, or I can send you the files. DXF importer lets you split a design across boards.

No I didn't. And how would I load boards. Would it cut on the two like it was one? Sorry still really new...

Are you intending to use raster carve for the letters or centerline?
    Last edited by DickB; 10-22-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Glenda, you would put two or three boards on top of a carrier board. There are a couple of ways to get it to carve across the two sets you will have to run.. the big sign link below shows a method.

What I do is figure out the layout that will fit. It might be 2 times two boards for yours. Get the width of the two boards, lets say 11 inches for each set of 2.
    Set up the board in Designer as 11x30
    Design the text as 11x15 (include the margins you would like around the text). Draw a box as a sizing guide, leave it as black dotted outline.
    Once you have the layout, stretch the text and the box to full length, using one f the corner handles so it stretches in both directions. 1/2 of the text will be off the board.
    Shift the box and text so that it is at the bottom of the Designer board. Save as Signbottom
    Shift it all down so that the top portion of your sign is at the top of the Designer board, save as Signtop

http://support.carvewright.com/tips-tricks-archive/ All tips and tricks
    http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_Apr08.pdf Carrier Board
    http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_Jul09.pdf big sign

I am sure our more talented people will also have ideas... the great thing about this forum!

Probably raster carve. I don't have center line

Raster is a bit easier to set up properly. If Centerline text spills over the edge of your virtual board, the machine will do some air carving off to the side of the actual board. You can easily "mask" any ratsr tex that spills over by using a zero-depth carve region. (Designer will complain when uploading dept 0, so I use .001 which the machine treats as zero but Designer won't complain.

I strongly recommend a sled with rails top and bottom to keep the rollers from falling.