Thread: Seeking Apple font that works well with Centerline Text

Question Seeking Apple font that works well with Centerline Text

Friends,

I've been trying to carve a small desk sign using Centerline Text and while the design will look fine on screen when I carve the pattern the letters tend to run together and the cut is generally much too deep. I've tried a number of fonts and none of them give me what I see in the designer when I carve the pattern on wood using a 90-degree v-bit. I'm using an iMac with Project Designer 1.186 Build 10507 with Centerline Text and my machine is chock full of fonts (probably from the Office 365 install). Are any of you working on a Mac and if so can you give me any recommendations for a font that will work well with Centerline Text?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Larry

I am sorry if this sounds obvious from a non-MAC user, but check to make sure that the 60deg vbit isn't assigned in the software. That could cause it to look good on screen, but the 90deg carves too deep in the machine

Thanks for your response. I double-checked the bit selection to be sure the pattern and machine matched and they do but the results are very poor. The design shows good separation of the lettering but the carving has the letters running together. I was hoping for something like caligraphy, then I tried to just get letters on wood, but nothing seems to work. Using the 90-degree v-bit the areas that should be left in the letters like "a" and "e" are almost non-existent. I know I can't control the cut depth when using Centerline but it almost seems that the machine is plunging too deeply. I suppose I could try it again with a 60-degree bit to see if the carving ends up more like the image on screen. Thanks again for your response.

For smaller text using the V60 would give you what you want. Any chance the project is "Scaling" as in you told it to stay under the rollers and it subtracts 7 inches from your physical board and placing the text in the left over wood... ?

Some text needs you to use the "Space Bar" before you start typing the text and at the end.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hi AL - I don't think the project is scaling in any way as the board is very much oversized to allow it to carve while staying under the rollers. I wasn't aware of the space bar requirement but will give that a try along with the 60-degree bit. I think the issue may be that I have a ton of fonts on my iMac and the software seems to be interpreting them a bit differently when carving than they appear on screen. I'll keep trying and thanks for your help with my question.