Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Program loading slow

Default Program loading slow

I open up CW program and it is running at slow motion pace. Constantly saying unable to load and how dare I try to upload something on a disk lol it gets to 3% and says error check disk. This just started today. I cleaned my cookies and everything on my computer and it runs good just the CW program running like poop. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How many patterns do you have loaded up in your pattern list? If you have a lot that can slow designer down.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

your running widows 10 or 7
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

All of your patterns are kept in a file named "Favorites.mpn" usually located in "C:\Users\Your Login Name\Carvewright. Make a backup copy of it (favorites.mpn) to a new folder that is not in the user folder or in the root folder of the C Drive and then delete the original. The Designer will make a new empty copy when the program is started. BE SURE YOU MAKE A COPY FIRST BEFORE DELETING IT OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR PATTERNS.

When the Designer is opened it loads all of your patterns in memory and by starting off with a new copy the program will load much faster and perform better. This may not fix your problem but it's a good place to start.
    Steve

My win 7 did a 16 part update tonight.. ??

CW Designer working normal.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by svamorgan View Post
    it gets to 3% and says error check disk. This just started today. I cleaned my cookies and everything on my computer and it runs good just the CW program running like poop. Any ideas?
    Are you talking about opening the Designer program or about uploading an mpc to the card? If you are talking about the Designer program opening, I would first try a reintstall.

Ok i will try the reinstall on the program. But I do have the issue loading the mpc program on the disk also. This has been a issue for awhile but I just deal with it. It has got annoying lately though

Quote Originally Posted by svamorgan View Post
    I open up CW program and it is running at slow motion pace. Constantly saying unable to load and how dare I try to upload something on a disk lol it gets to 3% and says error check disk. This just started today. I cleaned my cookies and everything on my computer and it runs good just the CW program running like poop. Any ideas?

Your Favorites file is over loading your memory installed on your computer. Steve Nelson on Post#4 states the problem.
    Every time you use your Designer and Pattern Editor; the CW program loads all the files you have in your Favorites file. Looks like you are running the new Windows program (8 - 10) the new programs always give you a smart-aleck remark! when you over load the computer.

I have an old Windows program that I use to check for trash on my computer. I an running 4000MB of memory - this helps a lot. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AWCV2 test 5-10-16.PNG   AWCV2.PNG  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Thanks I found the file was corrupt so I got it gone works good now

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    All of your patterns are kept in a file named "Favorites.mpn" usually located in "C:\Users\Your Login Name\Carvewright. Make a backup copy of it (favorites.mpn) to a new folder that is not in the user folder or in the root folder of the C Drive and then delete the original. The Designer will make a new empty copy when the program is started. BE SURE YOU MAKE A COPY FIRST BEFORE DELETING IT OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR PATTERNS.

When the Designer is opened it loads all of your patterns in memory and by starting off with a new copy the program will load much faster and perform better. This may not fix your problem but it's a good place to start.

PLEASE do not try to open the favorites.mpn file. Doing so will make it start multiplying like rabbits. This file can ONLY be accessed through the Designer software.

You should ONLY EVER HAVE 1 of these favorites folders. Multiples will slow down the operation of your software.

If you have more than one, you can save them somewhere outside the program folder. The one that is the largest, most likely store all or most of your patterns. Keep that one in the program folder. If you have removed all of your favorites.mpn files, then restart Designer, the software will create a new (now empty) file.

Make sure the one you save is named favorites.mpn. Some start showing favorites(1).mpn Please remove the number, if this is the larger one that you want to keep.

Playing with files in this area can lead to issues with your software.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 05-11-2016 at 09:17 AM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast