Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First paid project... and last one for awhile.

Angry First paid project... and last one for awhile.

Okay, first I have two things to say.

1. I can't share the ptn... it's copyright protected.

2. My baby is dead, I can't get ahold of the docs, It has a major Z Axis Stall with Error 246. I got it to read, measure the board, ask for bits and when it went left.................Died.

Here is a 10 x14 inch Victorian plaque I did for a young ex-Marine (for his Girlfriend). Yeah, I have to confess it took three cuts to get it right. The first pic is the capture from Designer. The second is just after cutting. The third is only the base coat of Minwax Gel Stain (Agea Oak). I then went to Michaels craft store and bought acrylic paint (Bright Gold, Antique Gold and Bright Copper). I used the Bright Gold as a surround of the frame and highlight for lettering. I mixed the three and used them to highlight leaf veins and some of the leaves. I used the Bright Gold and Antique Gold mixed to highlight the grapes, flowers and pestils. Fourth is finished product. The picture is redder than real life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.JPG   2.JPG   1.JPG   3.JPG  

Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Default Nice Job!!

Projects look nice Sarge ! Sorry to hear about your machine problem. Get on the phone asap to get whatever part(s) your going to need. I'm still waiting for a sensor to get here from China......been 2 weeks now.

Sarge, I am so sorry to hear about your machine. You were one of the few members without problems I held hope for my 4th machine. As I am sure you know I have returned 3 CC and I am expecting the 4th this Friday,

Makes me want to keep it in the box until all the bugs in the software are worked out. Not saying this is the cause to your problem, but it seems a lot more Z axis errors have popped up since the 1.2 update.

Trust me I know the frustration you are going through, matter of 3X over. I have not had a machine more then a week at a time. Well the first one longer it was at CW for over a month for repair. At my shop less then a week,

When I get my last CC this Friday I am going to use the software that comes with it. I hope it is not the 1.3 that might mean a first line production. I hope it is the 1.5 or 1.7 if they have that on disc.

Again I hope for a speedy repair of your unit and then you never have trouble again.

pamjmayo Guest

Default First paid project

This is so beautiful! You really did a nice job. I had the same error message but when I upgraded to the new software, the error message corrected itself. Since you're the expert though, I guess you've already done it. Anyway, I love it. Can I ask how much you sold it for? I'm trying to figure out a way to have the saw pay for itself as I'm sure most of us are. Congrats on your first paid project.

[QUOTE=Sarge;18133]Okay, first I have two things to say.

1. I can't share the ptn... it's copyright protected.

WHERE DID YA BUY THE (copyright protected MATERIAL.)) shu!!
    THE GIZ .. sawdust to sawdust in this i trust..

Nice going sarge! Hey how many hours are on your CW?
    If You Saw What We Sawed!!

North Bay Woodworking

If you don't want to make waves......get off of the boat!

Sarge,
    Very nice work looks great.
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Cool Expert???

Quote Originally Posted by pamjmayo View Post
    This is so beautiful! You really did a nice job. I had the same error message but when I upgraded to the new software, the error message corrected itself. Since you're the expert though, I guess you've already done it. Anyway, I love it. Can I ask how much you sold it for? I'm trying to figure out a way to have the saw pay for itself as I'm sure most of us are. Congrats on your first paid project.
    I upgraded, I swept, wiped, blew out excess dust, re-lubed the corner uprights and it still freezes up. After asking for the bit it returns to the start point and Z Axis Stall, Error 246. I'm definitely not the expert. If so, I'd own LHR.

I let him name his price range, then went dead center of it, $50. I do stuff for enjoyment now, money isn't a big thing to me. Fishing, shooting and wood working are my interests. The oval flower/leaf frame is on http://www.clipart.com I got one year free access when I bought some other clipart on disc.

Mike, I have 27 hours of carve time, some 70 odd hours overall. It's been too cold to run the darned thing until recently. I haven't had any issues that I didn't actually cause, until now. It died right in front of my eyes!
    Last edited by Sarge; 03-22-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Default Sarge, Hang in There!

Fishing, shooting, and woodworking are next to Godliness, as those are my pursuits. The only time I would smoke canine fecal matter is if my dog ate my whole stash! Just kidding, I'd let somebody else try it first......

I feel like I'm walking on eggs every time I tell my machine to carve something. I've done some deep carving in hard wood, and had good results. Haven't had any serious errors yet....Wish you the best, keep us informed of your progress on figgerin it out?

Gary
    It's not a hammer, it's a microadjuster!

Cool I need a new camera too!!!

Okay, I still don't have my baby up and running. I can't take a picture worth a s#*t!!! I think my camera has seen it's better days. I took one with my cell phone, and it's alot clearer. See below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.JPG  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast