Thread: Candy Dispenser

Default Candy Dispenser

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Candy Dispenser.pdf 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	81730
    I have been working on some projects for my first craft fair that is coming up in a couple of weeks.
    I wanted a project that did something and thought a candy dispenser would be cool.
    I saw all types on Pinterest and Etsy and found one that had glued on eyes, nose etc.
    After some trial and a lot of error I came up with this version.

The basic top plate that the jar lid glues into is a square block.
    The hats in a couple of the pictures I made by cutting out circles or ovals and shaping with a sander and Dremel. I don't have STL yet but I bet that would make one rather easily.

These work for the regular sized gum balls, 1/2 in jaw breakers, M&M/Skittles etc. I had put jelly beans in some and they work OK, if the wheel sticks while turning reverse direction or give it a little shake. I sold one to a feed store that has no AC, the jelly beans swole up and got soft and gooped up the machine when they forced the wheel. I had to cut the wheels off and replace the dowel.

The attached patterns have a Schnoz Glasses face, the base and top, and another board with additional wheels with hands on them. There are left and right hands.

I played with some other designs and made a one eyed little yellow guy in blue overalls. On this one you turn the eye. The dowel does not go all the way through and I used a large brass screw to serve and the axle point on the back.

I also attached a PDF of instructional slides. I haven't figured out how to use Sketch Up yet to do plans.

I have mad a bunch of signs and some other stuff for the craft fair. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Martin AKA Sas
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is awesome. Thank you for sharing all your hard word and creativity.

Have never done a craft fair so no clue. Good luck though and hope everything sells!

- O

Awww. We need a Mr./Mrs. Potato Head type collection of patterns!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

4. Default

Really cool project and really cool of you to share it. Thank you so much.

Having made a different type gumball machine in the past I know how much work goes into a project like yours. Wishing you the best of luck on your craft fair.

Really cool project. Thank you!
    Don

What do you charge for something like that?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Thanks for the kudos. I realized that part of my project work may be confusing. Why two twelve inch boards instead of putting the top, bottom, and two wheels on one board. When I got started I as only cutting the top and bottom and had built a jig for a twelve inch board. Doing it again, it would be simpler to put it all on one.

Cestout- I may not be asking enough but I'm selling the ones without the hats for $25. The hats take a while so I'm not sure how much more those will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk